micro
Newbb Forum, added entry is too long, destroys layout
  • 2004/1/9 14:00

• micro

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/2 1

Hi,

i got the following problem with my newbb.

If a user posts a statement without hitting Enter, it will be written all in one line.

So if this statement is now 1000 characters long, just for
example, the layout gets messed up.

It is printed in one line, so u have an horizontal scroll after. Not that nice if you have some Blocks on the right side.
I found nothing in the preferences to apply autonewline after 600 pixels or 400 charachters or any other thing.

So is there a possibility? May did i oversee something?
thx 4 help

CBlue
Re: Newbb Forum, added entry is too long, destroys layout

That's strange indeed! Because as far as I know, you don't need to hit the return/enter key when you write a post. I never do! It's only extra wide photos that someone posts that messes up the layouts on my newbb. You might consider leaving off the right blocks on the forum page. It makes the forums look better if they are the focal point of the page.

Stewdio
Re: Newbb Forum, added entry is too long, destroys layout
  • 2004/1/10 7:49

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

....................................EXAMPLE..........................................................................................................................................................

This also happens if you use long lines of programing code in the code /code tags as well. which is more common then a normal thread with sentences and regular line breaks.

(Sorry for screwing up the post, but a demonstration was in order. I posted about this quite some time ago when I discovered it, but so far no fix has been applied)

Login

Who's Online

216 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 216

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits