TurkClub
XP-weather Station?
  • 2004/1/9 9:08

• TurkClub

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/28

even though i read all topics for xp-weather,i couldn't make it work how i wanted..
as the auther of module suggest, i download the module from modscenral(e-xoops). that two given links (1.4 1.6) did not work, all they do is blank page..

now, i have xoops2051 and xpweather1.4.. the module is working but cant setup default selection..when i come to choose station,it says no station..

can anybody help me on this?

TurkClub
Re: XP-weather Station?
  • 2004/1/10 9:03

• TurkClub

• Just popping in

i am triying to get this module work for days but i am totally lost..dont know what to do..
can anybody guide me on that?

carnuke
  • 2004/1/10 9:38

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

TurkClub

I am only acknowledging your post, I have no Idea about this module or its operation. All I can suggest is looking at any readme files that come with the module pack, often there is a website address or support contact email. Anyway, this post will put it on top again for a while so that thers might see it!

Good luck, Richard

TurkClub
  • 2004/1/11 5:54

• TurkClub

• Just popping in

i looked at the read me file but that doesn't say anything about it..i guess i gotta contact with the writer of module..
thank you richard..

TurkClub
  • 2004/1/21 13:06

• TurkClub

• Just popping in

Quote:
Here is an update that fixes the selection of weather stations due to a server xml format change.

XP-weather 1.7

i download this tiny but very useful module from the modscentral with lots of hope but cant make it work again..
after downloading, i gave the permissions and put it to block in order to set default options..
what i get is just a blank page..
is it because of the module format in e-xoops?
if it is,can anyone tell me where i can find this working module with station fixed?
hox can I change the format of module into xoops?

i just want this module to work for me thats all..
thanks..

sylvainb
  • 2004/1/21 16:01

• sylvainb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/2/11

Hi, TurkClub.
If you can be patient, i'll try to have a look into this module as i'm also interested about it.
But i can't promise anything, only that i'll do my best to make it working again.
Also want to say that i'm already working on it in order to internationalized weather conditions (Mostly cloudy for example) which appeared in both index page and block.

sylvainb
  • 2004/1/21 17:18

• sylvainb

• Not too shy to talk

Possibility I've figured it to work.
Before i can really say it, I must proceed to some more tests.
Don't worry, i think i'll be able to finish it before the end of the week.
Humm, if my young daughter (3 1/2 years old) let me do.

TurkClub
  • 2004/1/22 3:44

• TurkClub

• Just popping in

i ll be looking forward to see your release for this module..
thank you very much sylvainb..
Quote:
if my young daughter (3 1/2 years old) let me do.

:)

sylvainb
  • 2004/1/22 21:26

• sylvainb

• Not too shy to talk

Hello TurkClub.
Good news...but also bad news.
The good one, it's working.
The bad one...I don't know why, but it appear that only some stations are working.
For example, for me in France, i can select Pau, Beauvais...but no stations for Paris!!!
At first, I thought I've made some mistakes and I've checked and rechecked everything, nothing.
Then I've tried some US stations and, surprise, same thing with Washington DC station and others.
So I've rechecked everything again.
After spending one night on this script I was about to think I was a real donkey and finally decided to try the original module from exoops.
After installing exoops 1.05Rev3 and xp-weather 1.7, i can tell you that I'm not so crazy than I can thought...It's simply the same, some stations are ok and others not.
So, if you still want this module, before sending it to you or telling you what to change in it, could you tell me the station you plan to use?

TurkClub
  • 2004/1/23 0:09

• TurkClub

• Just popping in

i think fixing this module will be good favor to XOOPS community too..thanks for spending some time on it sylvainb..i wanna use this module for usa/ny/islip..
u can contact and email me at..
dervish@turkishclub.net

p.s.are you thinking about putting the fixed module in download section of XOOPS or u wanna e-mail it to whoever wants?

thanks again..

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits