kaliman
Convert phpnuke to xoops
  • 2003/12/30 19:35

• kaliman

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/17

Hello.
I would like to know if a phpnuke site can be transformed / imported / in a XOOPS site. I have a phpnuke site and of now that I found xoops, I want to get rid of my past

Stewdio
Re: Convert phpnuke to xoops
  • 2003/12/30 19:43

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Some peolpe have tried to write conversion scripts. I have seen it mentioned before, although the topic is rarely touched upon, I beleive it has been met with limited success.

As it stands right now, I don't think there is an easy conversion method for any '*nuke package to Xoops' available.

Even running a search on the forums here may not yeild much because it has been a while since anyone has tried or asked about converting. In such a case, the sql tables have changed a bit, so a succesfull conversion, if at all possible, would be limited at best.

At least you are atoning for the errors of your past, you are forgiven my son.

Welcome to Xoops!
Cheers!

CBlue

I was able to add some XOOPS tables to phpnuke by editing the tables. I wanted to test phpnuke to learn about it and I wanted to see if I could add my users and forum info into phpnuke. I was able to add users and news. It was a long and tedious process. Phpnuke uses the phpBB for it's forums and there is a phpBB port module for Xoops, so you can move over your forums and posts. You can even move over your users to XOOPS and news articles.

Phpnuke, though, has alot of modules that don't have a counterpart in Xoops. Blocks though, can be changed over. Those can be done by creating php custom blocks in xoops.

Parody
  • 2003/12/31 2:31

• Parody

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/25

There's a user convert script out there. I wrote my own news/polls/links/encylopedia script. You can get it here:

http://www.perjuries.com/articles/convert.zip

A word of warning however, the scripts most likely will not work without significant modifications. For example, the news script is configured to convert news and put them in my own categories that I've created. If you don't change the categories, it probably will not work -- a lot of stuff like that needs to be changed.

CBlue

Here is where the convert users from phpnuke to XOOPS is
http://www.esxoops.com/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=9&min=70&orderby=titleA&show=10

Phasma
  • 2004/3/8 4:54

• Phasma

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/29

This would be a nice thing to have. I think that there would be a larger user base if there was a way to convert from PHP-Nuke to Xoops. The main thing that I would want is user conversion and forum conversion. They are the two big things.

....BUMP....

Stewdio
  • 2004/3/8 5:20

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

User conversion in some form or anoher shouldn't be too difficult for anyone up to the task.

Forum conversion on the other hand is an entirely different field. The differences are so varied, that much of the information in a nuke forum would be lost in the (current 2.06) newwbb forum because of the stark differences in features.

I wouldn't rush out and grab a conversion tool for the forums just yet though. I'm personally waiting for the 2.1 newbb upgrades to take shape before I even install the module. Only then will I decide to use a separate or integrated forum in my XOOPS environment.

tripmon
  • 2004/3/8 6:06

• tripmon

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/2/28

go to downloads>other on this site.

Phasma
  • 2004/3/8 16:14

• Phasma

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/29

I haven't really looked too much at the tables in newbb. I agree with the forum being the hardest part... I think I could get a general idea from the phpBB conversion script.

intel352
  • 2004/3/8 16:58

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

just converting the forums isn't the hard part, it's making sure all the posts link properly with the correct users

if i remember correctly, phpnuke and XOOPS start the user table with different values (phpnuke has anonymous as entry 1, i believe, and if i'm not mistaken, XOOPS is different)

heh, good luck with that, though.. converting anything to do with forums is generally tedious, but if you use one of the existing port-scripts and go through the code to make sure it works between the version of each forum module that you have, and same for converting the users between *nuke and xoops, then you should be okay

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits