dukehen
Tweak, tweak, tweak!
  • 2003/12/26 23:51

• dukehen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/9

Alright, so I have uploaded a basic theme that I want to tweak for my website when it goes "live" in the summer of 2004.

However, here is the rub. My theme is designed to hold all of the data in one screen, with a nice header and footer defined to fit on a single screen.

By its very nature, XOOPS and other CMS's like to scroll information vertically, and obviously my theme looks terrible, and is out of place with this.

So, I was wondering what people would suggest the best course of action as being? I was thinking of adding vertical scroll bars within the page (for example, if I show 5 news items per page, I would have a scrollbar within the news module block, so that my theme will not be hampered.

I would also need a scrollbar for my left side block, for the same reasons.

So, for those who might be able to shed some light on this - I would really appreciate any help you can give!

Thanks

P.S. - the site is here.

hsalazar
Re: Tweak, tweak, tweak!
  • 2003/12/27 0:05

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

dukehen:

Actually, your theme could easily be fixed. All you need to do is to include images for the part of the site that fills the space between the header and the footer.

It's hard to explain, but if you take a look at how the theme x2t is built, you'll notice it has images at both sides (small images with a gradient), and that those images are tiled vertically in a TD, so they fill the whole height of the site.

BTW, you have a very nice theme there, one that makes it clear not all XOOPS sites need to look the same :)

Cheers.

dukehen
Re: Tweak, tweak, tweak!
  • 2003/12/27 0:10

• dukehen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/9

I will take a look into this other theme and see if I can figure out what you mean.

I think I have an idea - but you never know!!!

Thanks again!

Login

Who's Online

216 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 216

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits