loom001
Finding and Editing Templates
  • 2003/12/24 19:04

• loom001

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/17

I am trying to figure out what template that I need to edit to change at the top of the news module where you have the drop down to select a topic. I want to add wording and a graphic above the drop down box, but I can not seem to find what I need to edit. Any help would be great!

Stewdio
Re: Finding and Editing Templates
  • 2003/12/24 19:29

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Go to the admin panel. From there select Seytem Admin>>Templates>>News

If you are only useing the default templat, you must make a clone. After you make a clone, you have to go to general prefernces and set the new template as default to see you changes. Once that is done, go back to the template page and select the news template from the new template you just cloned.

If you renamed your news module in System Admin>>Modules, that is the name you will see in your Template Set Manager.

Once you are in your appropriate news section, you should see 8 templates. I believe the one you want is called news_index_.html, but I can't remember for certain. You may have to poke around some for the correct template. You will then be able to edit or add to how it looks, including text, etc...

Hope this helps.

Also, as an alternative, you can use a module called Spotlight (run a search for it). This module will display your news a little bit differently on the home page. You can also edit this template once it's installed to however you wish. The reason I suggest this is because it just one template file and you can organise your elements in tables and layout the presentation of you news much easier because it has only one template.

Anyway, feel free to ask for further help if needed.

Login

Who's Online

273 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 273

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits