pulposo
Warning: Trying to destroy uninitialized session in.../include/common.php on line 140
  • 2003/12/23 10:15

• pulposo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/23

hi,

i´ve got the problem, that i can´t login because of following warnings:

(XOOPS 2.0 "fresh" installed)
WarningTrying to destroy uninitialized session in /xoops/include/common.php on line 140

Warning
Cannot send session cookie headers already sent by (output started at xoops/include/common.php:140in /xoops/include/common.php on line 147

Warning
Cannot send session cache limiter headers already sent (output started at /xoops/include/common.php:140in /xoops/include/common.php on line 147

after entering unsername/pw the "welcome, and thx for logging in,..."-screen is shown but after that i´m on the "home"page (not logged in).

yesterday it worked with the same settings.

Thanks for your help

p.

zaydens
Re: Warning: Trying to destroy uninitialized session in.../include/common.php on line 140
  • 2004/4/15 21:00

• zaydens

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/5 1

I have the same exact problem, has there been any solutions to it? Nothing seemed to change. Is it possible that php uses persistent sessions and they didn't get cleaned up? If so, where are they stored?

Thanks,
Eugene Zaydens

JackJ
Re: Warning: Trying to destroy uninitialized session in.../include/common.php on line 140
  • 2004/4/15 21:37

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

The session destroy means that XOOPS cannot release the last login session. Headers already sent in may instances mean that a space exists outside the PHP tags.

Do any of you have IPB? may not be related, but just wondering

See this post for a possible fix

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=8245&forum=21#forumpost33784

zaydens
  • 2004/4/16 18:19

• zaydens

• Just popping in

None of the fixe described in an article worked. I was able to sign in and the messages went away. As soon as I logged out, however, they came back.
I tried deleting XOOPS sessions from the database, but that did not help any.
What is IPB?

Thanks,
Eugene

zaydens
  • 2004/4/16 20:49

• zaydens

• Just popping in

Strange, but true. One of the solutions, namely setting "Use Custom Sessions" to false and then to true did the trick and the notices disappeared.
The problem was that the custom sessions used xoops_session variable name to store the session id. This was not being set. The standard PHP name is "PHPSESSID". I changed xoops_session to PHPSESSID and everything worked fine.
So the problem for the crew is why xoops_session was not being set and how reliable and beneficial are custom sessions?

Eugene

Login

Who's Online

731 user(s) are online (344 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 731

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits