pstrasma
Alumni Reunion Site
  • 2003/12/23 7:18

• pstrasma

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/23

Hats off to the XOOPS team!

48 hrs ago, my 10 yr reunion committee was tossing around ideas for reconnecting prior to and after the reunion. Forums, photo galleries, etc... sounded cool, but would be a lot of work, right?

After researching several CMS systems just to see what was possible, I took a chance and installed Xoops. Even without a complete manual, the installation went flawless! My only challenge has really been coming up to speed on what modules do what and working in other content pieces.

That said, the IMSA 1994 Alumni Portal is now live. Please take a look and constructively critique!

For those interested, I choose to implment the modules: news, TinyContent, TinyCalendar, Forums, Gallery & my Links publicly. On the TinyContent pages, I used inline frames to punch out to some existing sites such as our school's alumni database & a sophisticated survey tool. The registration page is just a form tied to the PayPal shopping cart system. Behind the scenes, Document Management System is running to support the planning committee's efforts.

--Paul Strasma

Stewdio
Re: Alumni Reunion Site
  • 2003/12/23 7:26

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Thats just great! I'm impressed by the speed at which you tossed this together. Other then minor tweaking to your own color preferences, I see nothing wrong with the site as it is

Great Job!

Now do me a favour and vote for your Mascot name or else!

hehe

pstrasma
  • 2003/12/23 8:13

• pstrasma

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/23

Admittedly, I did the general CMS research prior... 2 days sunk implementing XOOPS for the site so far.

Bassman
  • 2003/12/23 9:39

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Very impressive :) I like what you've done sofar.

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits