ChrisJ03
PHP-Nuke theme to Xoops?
  • 2003/12/19 9:57

• ChrisJ03

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/21

Hi!

I have a PHP-Nuke theme that I want converting for use with Xoops. It's called WinterICE, it was first made to be used with phpBB2 and then there have been lots of conversions done to make it work with PHP-Nuke.

Now, I really really would like this theme for XOOPS to use on my website. I don't have the theme on my site as it is just a normal HTML site at the moment: www.simsational.co.uk

But there is a site that is using the exact same theme:http://www.jtsoftsol.com/index.php and if you need something else here is the phpBB2 version: www.forums.simsational.co.uk

I would really appreciate somebody's help, I am really new to these CMS's and the theme creation is just baffling me!

You can download the PHP-Nuke theme here also:http://www.nukeresources.com/downloads-file-728.html

Thankyou very much!
Chris

EDIT: If anyone wants to email me or contact me, my email and MSN address is chris@simsational.co.uk and my AIM is CDJ54321 so that you know I'm not going to vanish

Herko
Re: PHP-Nuke theme to Xoops?
  • 2003/12/19 10:32

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

A XOOPS 2 Theme is essentially a HTML file with a set of dynamic elements (called upon using SMarty template engine tags). What you need to do is save the page as HTML, replace all content with the dynamic elements you can find in the default/theme.html for instance. Make sure you get the theme structure right (themes/winterice/theme.html and style.css files), and you're ready to go.

Herko

ChrisJ03
  • 2003/12/19 14:59

• ChrisJ03

• Just popping in

Ok thanks, I tried that and I've uploaded it.

All I get is a blank page www.simsational.co.uk/html/

I think I did everything right, but can you check I've got everything correct? I have zipped the themehttp://simsational.co.uk/SSGIce.zip

Thanks for your help,
Chris

Seven
  • 2003/12/19 16:39

• Seven

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/16

<TD height="4" background="%3C{$xoops_url}%3E/themes/SSGIce/line_green.jpg">
is incorrect, it should look like:
<TD height="4" background="<{$xoops_url}>/themes/SSGIce/line_green.jpg">

Use a code editor to edit these mistakes, they happened when you copied and pasted into a wysiwyg editor, compare with the default theme to make sure they are right.

also, where the blocks are included into the theme, point towards your theme and not the default theme.
<{foreach item=block from=$xoops_lblocks}> <{include file="yourtheme/theme_blockleft.html"}> <{/foreach}>

go over the theme in an editor and compare with the default theme and you will find that the program you used (frontpage?) has messed up the code when you c&p.
You just need to spend a bit of time going over it and it should work fine.

Cheers

ChrisJ03
  • 2003/12/19 17:22

• ChrisJ03

• Just popping in

Ok thanks, I fixed all those mistakes but no such luck

Will my CSS be a problem? As I just used the one that came with the PHP-Nuke theme... if it is, I don't understand how to convert everything to a XOOPS CSS.

Login

Who's Online

244 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 244

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits