arbaronx
Module style.css vs Theme style.css
  • 2003/12/18 11:28

• arbaronx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/8

I have installed the osCommerce module and have found it overwrites some elements of my theme.
eg: a mormally black background with with white text becomes a white background with white text.
Do I assume correctly, that if I change the offending elements from the colour (#FFFFFF) to "automatic" that the theme style.css will prevail and not mess up the layout?

cheers

hsalazar
Re: Module style.css vs Theme style.css
  • 2003/12/20 21:13

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

arbaronx:

It's the first time I see the word "automatic" in a text about CSS. In any case, maybe you're talking about the "transparent" color value.

Cheers.

arbaronx
  • 2003/12/20 22:06

• arbaronx

• Just popping in

In MS Frontpage, when selecting font/background colours, you choose any colour or select "automatic"

hsalazar
  • 2003/12/20 22:13

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

arbaronx:

That's interesting info. However, I wonder how it's reflected in the stylesheet or the HTML file, since I know of no attribute like "automatic".

Would you check it up? I'm sure it'd be interesting to see what code FrontPage produces.

This, by the way, gives me a chance to quote a book I'm reading now: Jeffrey Zeldman's Designing with Web standards:

Quote:

FrontPage is not a visual web editor. It is an IE page editor... Although Microsoft makes standards-compliant browsers, its FrontPage tool spews proprietary markup and code, generating sites that look and work right only in Internet Explorer...

Cheers.

arbaronx
  • 2003/12/21 0:00

• arbaronx

• Just popping in

Resized Image

Here is an screenshot i knocked up to show you the font colour selection in the style.css
the image shows the selection for "h1"

And below is snippet of the code, note that when "automatic" is selected, there is no colour #xxxxxx set. Tho i see bg-colour is transparent in the settings or "a".
a {color: #D9D9D9; text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; background-color: transparent;}
a:hover {color: #FFFFFF;}

h1 {}
h2 {}
h3 {}
h4 {}
h5 {}

ul {
margin: 0px;
padding: 0px;
list-style: square inside;
text-align: left;
color: #333333;
line-height: 18px;
}

As for your quote re: MS IE and frontpage. Not surprised, might go seeking another html editor.

cheers

Login

Who's Online

235 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 235

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits