TikiBar
Template/theme tweaks
  • 2003/12/13 1:17

• TikiBar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/13

Hello, all... 1st time poster with a 1st time XOOPS install...

The installation was effortless and I was up and running in just a few minutes. I downloaded a few templates, and found that the X2T theme that came packed in the original XOOPS zip was a good design for my needs, so I set about editing the templates and themes. Feel free to take a look at my working prototype HERE...

I have a few more things to fix, but there are 2 things I can't seem to figure out how to change... the first is the color of the mouseover or "hover" state of links... I have edited the .css files and updated everything in the admin/modules area, but no luck...

The other thing is the horizontal rule- it has a brown box around it that doesn't go with my theme... I found a file called "style.css" in xoops/modules/system that has the brown box, but editing that file isn't the answer apparently...

Sorry if this is a dumb noob question... just downloaded the software a few days ago, so I'm still pretty green on this stuff...

hsalazar
Re: Template/theme tweaks
  • 2003/12/13 2:01

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

TikiBar:

The hover state is changed modifying the color attribute in the a:hover selector in style.css (line 16). Presently its value is #009900, so no wonder it appears green.

As to the horizontal rule, perhaps you should let people take a look at your site without registering, just to see where is it. Anyway, the definition of the horizontal rule is in the same file, line 20, and it seems to be a huge rule, 3px high plus the 3px green border...

So modify your style.css file, delete everything in the templates_c folder (the cached templates folder) and refresh. Things should look better.

Cheers.

Login

Who's Online

238 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 238

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits