stpamx
General Usage questions
  • 2003/12/12 9:41

• stpamx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/14

I need to display in home page the title of the stories.
The short description I need to display in another page, and clicking on short description, I want to display the full story. Something similar to what hoops.org is doing.

I have managed to display Title of stories in top page, but the description of stories appear only if I specify
DISPLAY story in top page when I enter the news in the news module in administration. What I must do to display the stories in another page.

Also, how the system differentiates of
News Topics
Big story
Top News
Recent News

Also, I tried to have two main topics. One in each language. And a lot of subtopics under them. Reason is to make the system multilingual, Looking in the database and the code, I see that in articles table there is only the subtopic code. Is there any other way of doing this.

Thanks in advance
stelios

MadFish
Re: General Usage questions
  • 2003/12/12 10:32

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Try setting your top page to 'none', that will separate your news page from your home page.

If you make the 'recent news' block appear on your top page, that will give you the headlines only on your home page.

When you enter or edit news stories in news administration, you get two boxes - one for the 'intro text' and the other for 'extended text' (the full story). If you use both the boxes you then your news page should work pretty much the way you want - a list of short summaries, which link to full stories when you click.

stpamx
Re: General Usage questions
  • 2003/12/12 15:43

• stpamx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/14

Thank you MadFish. I will try it.

Login

Who's Online

225 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 225

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits