jayjay
Changing Alt tag in Partners module
  • 2003/12/11 15:21

• jayjay

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/9/10

Hi all!

I'm making my site more accessible for blind and sight impaired visitors. I want to find a way to change the Alt tag in the block in the Partners module from the button link to the button 'title' (which you have to specify anyway in the admin menu).

I tried editing xoopspartners_block_site.html in the template manager:

on line 40 I changed

alt="<{$partner.url}>

into

alt="<{$partner.title}>

Nothing happens though. I also found an entry about this in index.php on line 72, but changing that didn't solve the problem. All I get is an empty Alt tag.

Can anyone help out?

Ciao

Jay Jay

jayjay
Re: Changing Alt tag in Partners module
  • 2003/12/12 7:25

• jayjay

• Not too shy to talk

Hi everyone!

Still struggling with this. Anyone knows an answer? I just want to change the Alt tag description in the Partners module.

Ciao!

svaha
  • 2003/12/12 9:17

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

As I see it, it depends on what you want exactly?
For instance :
When you go to the admin mode, blocks, and choose to edit the partner block, you see an option to edit the template. There the alt tag is made in this line :
Quote:
border="0" alt="<{$partner.url}>" <{$block.fadeImage}> /><br />

So the url of the actual partner is displayed. You could change this, but it is then applied to all the partners.
Don't know if you have to update the module or delete this block in the template_c directory after you made a change.

Aloha

jayjay
  • 2003/12/12 10:36

• jayjay

• Not too shy to talk

That's exactly what I'm trying to do! The code you mention is described in my first post. You're talking about line 40 in xoopspartners_block_site.html. I changed the alt tag from "partner.url" to "partner.title", but XOOPS doesn't grab the title data from the database.

Replacing the "partner.url" code by a simple description isn't of any use, because then the alt tags of all buttons would have the same text (like you mentioned correctly).

PS: I make all changes from a clone template set in the Template Manager. All changes I make are updated immediately so that can't be the problem.

svaha
  • 2003/12/12 12:51

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

Ok
so now two questions :
Did you make the cloned template, the default after changing?
Did you delete the template_c files regarding your theme?

Furthermore it is als maybe necessary to look in the module files that actually process this data.
Have no time now though to look into that.

Aloha

jayjay
  • 2003/12/12 13:35

• jayjay

• Not too shy to talk

Of course I made it the default template set. How else would I notice the changes I make to the template

Everything is in place: I have a cloned template set that is the default, I made the changes through the template manager, I have seen how the changes affect the module (the alt tag becomes empty)... I have made numerous changes with the template manager to other modules and never get any problems. This is NOT a problem of templates, dear svaha. Maybe you should change that lovely sig of yours

Anyway enough teasing. Maybe one of the developers of this module can help out? I just want to change the Alt tag of the buttons from the button url to the button title. Simply changing "partner.url" into "partner.title" in the template doesn't seem to work.

Hope someone can help.

Greets

Jay Jay

Mithrandir

Have you turned on SMARTY templates debug and looked if you even have access to the $partner.title variable? I'm not familiar with the partner module, so I don't know how the block is made.

If the title isn't available, you should go to modules/partners/blocks and find the file containing the function, which loads the variables for the block (the file and function names are in modules/partners/xoops_version.php) and add the title in a similar way to url.

jayjay
  • 2003/12/12 15:17

• jayjay

• Not too shy to talk

I already checked the file containing the function. I changed some stuff, but maybe I overlooked something. I will check again with smarty debug enabled.

Thanks for the tips! I'll keep you posted!

svaha
  • 2003/12/12 18:55

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

Ok, did change the sig and did not even have to look into the templates.

Aloha

svaha
  • 2003/12/21 1:25

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

When you want the alt tag to display the partner, you must set the display option in admin blocks partner block to both (that is display image and text links) otherwise the title want show up.
So maybe I will change my sig again

Aloha

Login

Who's Online

224 user(s) are online (161 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 224

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits