djmojo
Whole site is inaccessible after being up 2 days
  • 2003/12/6 5:56

• djmojo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/2

I am at a total loss here. My site was up and fine for 2 days. I changed the theme in preferences, clicked ok, and the white page of death. I have not been able to access anything. I was able to turn on php errors and get the following errors when trying to access admin.php

Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_STRING' or `T_VARIABLE' or `T_NUM_STRING' in /home/tw12/public_html/talk/include/common.php on line 92

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: redirect_header() in /home/tw12/public_html/talk/admin.php on line 41

Any suggestions? I doubt it is the server because I installed a second time in different directory and it works fine. Very strange.

Both of these were installed using fantastico.

Thanks

CBlue
Re: Whole site is inaccessible after being up 2 days

I had the same thing happen to me. I was only able to view my site again when I went into my database and changed my theme preference to another theme. Then I optimized the user table and was then able to see my site again.

djsckizo
  • 2003/12/6 6:45

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

Out of curiousity, which version of it did fantastico install? The version my host has is 2.0.4 and the version a friend of mines host has is 2.0.5. I remember when the xoops.org site was doing that. I think it was a theme problem if I remember correcrtly.

CBlue

I don't use fantistico. I was just relating that the same thing happened to me and that was yesterday as a matter of fact. I was working on customizing a theme and after uploading theme.html and deleting the files in my templates_c folder, I went back to my site and found a blank white page. I tried to fix it by deleting the theme from my server and that didn't work. But I solved the problem as I described above.

djsckizo
  • 2003/12/6 8:30

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

Fantastico is ok. It doesn't chmod the 7 or 8 directories for Invision Board, and doesn't let you know the password for your database. Atleast the one my host gave me doesn't. I prefer to install all stuff it can do myself. Atleast that way I don't have to go far to find the person who screwed it up.

djmojo
  • 2003/12/6 13:46

• djmojo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/2

I am looking in MySQL for the template part and can't find it. Any suggestions as to where it is? Also, how do you optimize the user table?

CBlue

You go to your XOOPS database through phpmyadmin and click on the xoops_users table. If you were the one to install xoops, your user id number will be 1. Click on that user id field in the table. Look for the theme name and then edit it to another theme you have on your site that is working.

To optimize the xoops_user table, all you do is bring up that table from the links on the left side of your XOOPS database's main page in phpmyadmin. Then after the user table is showing, look down the page for a little table in the middle of two other tables. It's called "space usage". Underneath that table is a link that says "Optimize".

CBlue

You can also use the optimize module that is available under the modules/themes section of this site.
https://xoops.org/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=24&lid=326

I use this module myself and it works with 2.0.5 and 2.0.5.1

Mithrandir

but as far as I can read in the code for that module, it "just" optimizes the table with an SQL command (similar to PHPMYAdmin) and then it calculates the gain - which might be useful... but the module doesn't do anything but that (again - as far as I can see)

CBlue

The module optimizes all the tables in XOOPS for me. I use it regularly, it saves me from having to go to my database in phpmyadmin and optimize every single table manually.

Login

Who's Online

198 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 198

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits