LilDevil
Help... Missing blocks in Blocks Administration
  • 2003/11/29 18:19

• LilDevil

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/29

I am using Xoops2 to make my site. Last night I had it almost done. I went to bed and now this am suddenly no blocks are showing in my Blocks Administration. Though everything shows being still installed. Why is this? And how do I fix this?
I even tried making a new block and it won't show either.

Please help!

CBlue
Re: Help... Missing blocks in Blocks Administration

Which version of XOOPS are you using?

carnuke
  • 2003/11/29 18:57

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Have a look at this link in the wiki Kick start primer

If the blocks are not showing on your HOME PAGE check the setting in groups are allowing the blocks to be seen (see the link above) if the blocks are missing in the ADMIN PAGE you need to give us a bit more information as to what blocks they were; forum? news? or what.

When I first used XOOPS it took me a while to get used to the settings of blocks, who could see them and where. In the end you find it's areally useful and flexible system that allows many personal variations.

Hope this helps.

LilDevil
  • 2003/11/29 18:59

• LilDevil

• Just popping in

I believe it is 2.0.5.1
My webhost has Fantastico and it installed it. Everything was fine but now it's not.

LilDevil
  • 2003/11/29 19:01

• LilDevil

• Just popping in

Yes I have done all that. I had my site just a few pages from being able to take it live. But now all the blocks are not showing. Not only on the site but also in the Control Panel under Block Administration.

All blocks are missing from the Blocks Administration panel. All system, all custom, and all added modules. I have no blocks showing whatsoever in my blocks admin panel. Though on the left hand side I do have all the blocks such as PiCal and such like that which I have added to it.

robekras
  • 2003/11/29 20:46

• robekras

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2002/12/10

Please take a look to admin->system->groups
Take a look to Block Access Rights.
There you can normally find a link to every block which exist,
independently of how you configured the block occurence.
(This mean on which module page this block should be seen)
Open the block configuration and take a look at 'Visible in'.
Per default the block should be shown in all pages.
May be there isn't something selected.

LilDevil
  • 2003/11/29 22:03

• LilDevil

• Just popping in

I have selected everything for each group. (Webmaster, Registered and Anoyomus) That's not the problem. System blocks don't even show like they are turned off. And they can't be. All custom blocks are gone also. Actually in System Admin>blocks I show no blocks at all. I have even tried making a new block to see if maybe my blocks are just sleeping or something, but even the two new ones I have made are not showing.

Oddest thing to me is I still show all the modules being installed. I can go into preferences to my RandomQuotes, PiCal and such and everything still shows seperately in the Admin panel but nothing at all shows up in Block Administration. Which I know because of this is why nothing shows on my page. However downloads and links and such do show on my pages. Also if I change my starting page which I have to show NONE for the module to say NEWS it changes. I just am lost as to why it was all fine last night. I haven't made any changes but upload a module and now everything has disappeared.

I just went into Module admin page and if I submit with the modules shown installed the next pages shows the order. (0=hide) and my SYSTEM module has a 0 for order. Is this the problem?

robekras
  • 2003/11/29 22:34

• robekras

• Documentation Writer

You did upload and install a new module, and since then your blocks have disappeared?
Did you try to deactivate and remove this module, to see whether this module has something to do with your problem?

You wrote, that you have selected the blocks for each group, but are you sure that the blocks belongs also to all pages,
or at least to the top page?
If you have all blocks set to show only in news you will not see any blocks in admin->system->blocks because when you
enter admin->system->blocks you will see only
Top Page : Registered User : All

Maybe you can set PHP Debug on, to see some error or warning
messages, which may help you.

Excuse me if I write something you already know!

LilDevil
  • 2003/11/29 22:46

• LilDevil

• Just popping in

Your not writing anything I already know. I am just glad you are trying to help. I guess I am not explaining myself too well. My site was completely done. Everything working fine.. all was visible everywhere no matter which type of user you were to my site. In all of the different user options I had the blocks admin full of blocks that I had set accordingly to where to be located.
Yes I uninstalled the module but nothing changed. All blocks are gone from the Block Admin section. Even system blocks which can not be removed from blocks admin.

How do I set PHP Debug on? It sounds like if it debugs and gives me some kind of error I might then have a clue what is going on.

robekras
  • 2003/11/29 23:46

• robekras

• Documentation Writer

In admin->system admin->preferences->General Settingsebug mode => set to PHP Debug.
As I see on a previous post, you are running 2.0.5.1
This version has a disabled XoopsErrorHandler, which means, as far as I know, that not every warning is outputted.
(Maybe someone can correct me, if I'm wrong)

Just to be sure.
Have you been at admin->system admin->groups.
E.g. click on the Search block link (within the field Block Access Rights). This opens the 'Edit a block' for the search block. In the field 'Visible in' is 'All Pages' selected?
(Or at least 'Top Page'?).
(Selected means white chars on blue background)
If yes... no more ideas then.

Login

Who's Online

186 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 186

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits