Montisarts
montisarts.com - what do you think?
  • 2003/11/29 4:02

• Montisarts

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/1/26

I'd like to know what you all think of my main theme (default theme) on montisarts.com which is HERE. I've been workin on it for some time, but if you work on it and look at it for too long you don't know what to think anymore .

well, let me know if you like.

greetz Frank

intel352
Re: montisarts.com - what do you think?
  • 2003/11/29 5:05

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

i saw your site about a week ago, i like the themes you design

the only thing i'm not the biggest fan of, is the width-limit on your themes, but that's just my personal preference, i like sites that cover the whole page, so i don't haveta scroll down as far

lol

anyways, gj

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/29 5:14

• Anonymous

• Since:

Well, if you like that cheap portal look everyone else has, its perfect,

Max

Stewdio
  • 2003/11/29 9:25

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Cheap comments aside...

I like the look of your themes, and I still want Gamespot!

Montisarts
  • 2003/11/30 1:45

• Montisarts

• Not too shy to talk

well, I tried to make XOOPS look less xoopsy, and 1 way to do that is change the width of the tables I think. I don't like the full page themes for some reason. I mean, their function is great but I don't like the looks.

Quote:

Well, if you like that cheap portal look everyone else has, its perfect,

Max

Do you mean my themes or the full page themes? And by the way, for a friend of XOOPS (see special ranking) you could be a little more respectful I think whatever the meaning of your comment, but we are all trying to make XOOPS a better portal for whoever's needs, right?

I will keep on making themes regardless though, hehe, I like doing it too much. So if people can use them it's allright with me!

intel352
  • 2003/11/30 1:54

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

i do think his comment was overly harsh, but it does kinda bother me that almost all your themes are the same design, just with different graphics

check out Imago Themes, they have multiple themes for xoops, yet hardly any of the themes resemble each other... they are all very nice themes in their own way, and they go further to avoid the standard 'portal' appearance

don't get me wrong, i do like your themes, but if you truly want to get away from the 'xoopsy' look, then try totally redesigning the html layout, and i'll bet you'll get more fans

Big_Bro
  • 2003/11/30 3:14

• Big_Bro

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/26

I think it looks great and I'm a fan of fixed widths as well, it's a personal thing as said before. It also keeps the layout looking as you intend it to.

Nevermind the peanut gallery, that title should be changed from "Friends of Xoops" to "Donors to Xoops," to avert any further confusion between the two.

Stewdio
  • 2003/11/30 9:04

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Quote:

bd_csmc wrote:
almost all your themes are the same design, just with different graphics

You have a valid point, but I would also like to add that it shows his individual style. I know from the many great theme makers out there, that if there is a particular stlye, look, or feel I am after, I merely have to remember the artists name and go to his/her site.

Montisarts themes are great for one thing, while Imago is good for something completely different in look and feel. To each their own I guess, but each contributer has a signature style that I can rely on for future development of my sites.

Montisarts new direction has allowed me to consider using many of his themes at one time for my users to select the look they want while making very little changes. His themes are fun and light and I like that for certain sites that I am developing because of the nature of their content. His work is good for game clans, graphics developers and the like. Certainly, there are a great many dark themes out there that fade in comparison to his works.

Imago is clean, bright and professional. Perfect for news, article and review sites. His layouts are extremely simple to work with and allow me to present the sites I am using his themes on with a very efficient and clean interface. Modifying his files has been a true pleasure. My presentations with his themes are easy to view for sites that require a lot of reading with less distraction.

I appreciate both these mens talents and contributions, for they have each saved me hours of work and frustration by making themes available that are easy to modify to my own tastes and needs.

Keep up the great work!

Montisarts
  • 2003/12/1 3:38

• Montisarts

• Not too shy to talk

thanks for the great compliments guys, and as far as my themes having the same look and feel goes: that's not too hard to explain. I made 4 or 5 themes in a few days time. I'm just experimenting with colors and not with the layout in particular...YET. I'm not a professional webdesigner, but I try to look as professional as I can . I will make more themes with a completely different look and feel (that is if I have original ideas) and maybe I will make more of the same then too. I see them as a series. One could like my videoscoop theme but just not like the colors, that's why I try to make them in different colors.

and to be honest, I started out modifying an Imago THeme to get the hang of it . I mean look at my first couple of themes... I made them not too long ago and I think I have improved a lot if you look at my latest themes and I intend to make my next 'series' even better (at least to my own satisfaction). This is just a hobby of mine and I intend to keep it that way, so do'm't be harsch .

well, that's it for now,

happy xoopsing.

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits