Shelia
Tell A Friend Hack
  • 2003/11/26 15:16

• Shelia

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/6/22

I would like to add "Tell A Friend" to different sections of my XOOPS site. I am a php dummy and just can't figure out how to do this. I'm trying to learn but I need this hack now.

Thanks!

wtravel
Re: Tell A Friend Hack

Hi Sheila,

Would you like to use a maillink or a form version?

Regards,

Martijn

Shelia
  • 2003/11/26 21:24

• Shelia

• Not too shy to talk

A form version would be more secure in my opinion. I am actually in the process of re-doing all maillinks on the site, replacing them with image links. Trying to stay a step ahead of the spammers LOL!

Shelia
  • 2003/11/26 21:25

• Shelia

• Not too shy to talk

A form version would be more secure in my opinion. I am actually in the process of re-doing all maillinks on the site, replacing them with image links. Trying to stay a step ahead of the spammers LOL!

wtravel

Hi Sheila,

Unless I overlooked I did not see any hack or module like that. I am interested in something like that as well and somewhere in the coming months I would like to start on an extended version of Tell-a-friend functionality.

I think the advantage of using a standard mail program over webforms is that it is the message is send from the visitor's e-mail address and not from the website's address. I don't think it is less secure than formmail regarding spamming.

The biggest advantages of formmail for me is that it provides a possibility to build more advanced statistics features, because you know when an e-mail is actually sent and the e-mail is not editable by the sender regarding the link you would like to be inserted.

Please let me know what functionality you would like to be in a tell-a-friend hack/module.

Kind regards,

Martijn

AAINC
  • 2003/11/26 23:28

• AAINC

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/18

Login

Who's Online

190 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 190

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits