Ace_Armstrong
NewBB: Move/Copy posts

One of the things I've noticed happening on GLOAMING.us is that discussions start to drift and eventually we have two or three dsicussions going in the same thread. When that happens, we usually start a new thread and post an announcement in the original thread telling users to post replies to TOPIC X into the new thread. This creates a number of problems: most people reply before reading all of the messages and do no see the announcement until it's too late, some people just plain ignore such announcements, and when people want to reply, they have to go through terrible gyrations to quote from one thread to another.

A much more simple solution from the end-user perspective would be to have an option for moderators/webmasters to "Move/Copy Post and Replies" to a different or new thread. This doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to do.

CBlue
Re: NewBB: Move/Copy posts

I have done this on my newbb forums. But I had to go into my phpmyadmin to do it manually through the database.

Per4orm
Re: NewBB: Move/Copy posts
  • 2003/11/24 16:49

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/11/14

I agree... it's probably one of the first thing that wants including in the new module.

Login

Who's Online

202 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 202

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits