abakai
Newbie Questions (please be gentle :-) )
  • 2003/11/24 4:43

• abakai

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/24

Ok so I've just got this software and I have a few questions someone might be so kind to answer.

I have it set up (At the moment) on my home test server (WinXP IIS, PHP 4.3.4, MySQL 1.4 for windows) so that I can get to grips with it.

my questions
1) is there any way to get past the admin firewall problem? and is the problem with my firewall or the host?

2) on my server at least when I click on home, news, forum, etc, it gives me a 403 - Forbidden error. as it only links to the folder and I need to add index.php file to the url. Is there a way to add this to the link so as to bypass the need to do it manualy? or have I just set it up wrong?

thanks for any help

Per4orm
Re: Newbie Questions (please be gentle :-) )
  • 2003/11/24 4:49

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/11/14

Can't help you with the first question I'm afraid, and I'm not sure I can with the second, but I'll give it a go!

From the sounds of it, the server is set up to deny permission to a folder unless a specific, existing file is requested. You can do this on hosted servers, for example, with a .htaccess file to prevent people seeing an index page of everything in the directory.

So it just looks to me that the server isn't configured to look for an index.php file.

Of course, I could be way off target - I but if you don't fcuk up you'll never learn! ;)

abakai
  • 2003/11/24 5:00

• abakai

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/24

Thanks, this is the first time I have had a testing server so alott of it is still new to me. and agane thanks for your quick responce.

Bassman
  • 2003/11/24 5:12

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

I would consider downloading and installing phpdev which gives you PHP, MySql, Perl, Apache, PHPMyadmin etc preconfigured and ready to go :) it's pretty good.

Login

Who's Online

111 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 111

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits