SaintsFan
Seeking feedback
  • 2003/11/23 1:07

• SaintsFan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/14

Hey everyone...

I have been tinkering with a XOOPS site for my church...and was hoping to garner a little constructive criticism.

Rosemont Church

Let me know what you think as I am clearly an amateur at designing themes.

Xoops is an awesome tool...my sincere compliments to the dev team.

ajaxbr
Re: Seeking feedback
  • 2003/11/23 2:05

• ajaxbr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/25

Hi there
Nice theme
Let me nitpick a bit:
Resized Image
As you can see, the horizontal menu renders out of place in Mozilla 1.5 (win) and headings have a little margin on top (see red arrow)... not sure about what it should look like.
Also, don't you think that making the Members module restricted to members you could avoid spam for users and yourself?
Keep the good work

SaintsFan
  • 2003/11/23 2:33

• SaintsFan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/14

ajaxbr-

Thanks so much for the quick reply! That's a great tip on the members' section...I've already made the change.

My userbase is probably 99.9% Windows IE 6+...and the strangeness encountered with Mozilla doesn't show up there. I'm simply not good enough to develop style sheets that work with all the other browsers (I don't understand all the differences)...so I may have to let the problems you saw slide.

Again, thanks a lot for your help!

Per4orm
  • 2003/11/23 2:43

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/11/14

Very clean, very easy to navigate. My only criticism, if you can call it that, would be with the dynamic menus. The subsections have a translucent background which can sometimes make the text on it diffiucult to read - it maybe won't affect most users, but for the slightly visually impaired it would make a big difference if the background was opaque.

Bassman
  • 2003/11/23 9:21

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Looks great :)

I'm getting alignment problems too, but I have IE5.5. But then again, on this comp the XOOPS site has alignment problems too. My normal comp has IE6 and NN7 but is in getting fixed ATM. I too am webmaster for a church www.scac.asn.au and I was just about to upload a custom theme when my comp died :( so it's using phpkaox atm.

CBlue

I use IE 6 and the center column does drop down a line compared to the left and right columns but that's not a bad fault and is probably due to the center columns css having more padding than the right and left columns do. At least, that was the problem with some of the themes I tried to alter in their style css.

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/23 17:55

• Anonymous

• Since:

The center column is not aligned with the left and right and the white BG need to go. you need a calm blue because the dark bg on the outside makes the white glare out at you. The overall design and layout is nice and clean.

Good job otherwise.!

Bassman
  • 2003/11/23 21:41

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Now I see it on IE6, the alignment issues are gone.

I had the same problem on my site, with the centre column being a few pixels down, and it was padding in the CSS file that caused it.

builderb
  • 2003/11/23 21:52

• builderb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/8/4 2

I guess I should feel flattered since it is a complete knock-off of my site - except for the colors.

tjnemez
  • 2003/11/23 21:54

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

yah, had the same and was padding issue. i think your white background is fine. good work!

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (159 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits