Anonymous
Releasing GPL software
  • 2003/11/22 21:42

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hello all,

I am the owner and copyright holder for two pieces of software I had custom made for me. One being AuthorZone, the software which runs my AuthorZone.Com site and the other being the MyMatchmaker software I am giving away free through myhttp://phplords.com site.

I want to release them under GPL but ONLY if a developer is willing to improve upon them under the same license and make it available through SourceForge

If anyone is interested please let me know.

Max

Anonymous
Re: Releasing GPL software
  • 2003/11/22 21:44

• Anonymous

• Since:

BTW, the XOOPS people already have my permission to use it to integrate it into XOOPS and distribute it as such.

PureLuXus
  • 2003/11/22 21:52

• PureLuXus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/1/3 2

both software sounds good..
i think there is allready a software like the matchmaker the name is friendfinder..
and there is a email software too (i never get it working)
but XOOPS germany plan a port of a another email software in 1. quartal 04

Draven
  • 2003/11/22 21:53

• Draven

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/5/28

EDIT: nevermind

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/22 22:17

• Anonymous

• Since:

Here is a demo of the MyMatchmaker

http://www.phplords.com/mmg/matchmaker/

tom
  • 2003/11/23 3:10

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Yeah there is the friend finder mod, but I think development may of stoped on that, I haven't heard anything for a while, this match maker software from phplords looks good, maybe a intergration would benefit the XOOPS community, I wouldn't have need for it my self, how ever I think minor tweaks it could have it's use's.

Any way how you doing vB3Dev, hows the Socketmail coming along, not sure if you remember me, but I tryed it a while ago. Now I know a lot of users have use for a E-mail module, and I know your script it runs like a yahoo/hotmail type site so people can sign up for free E-mail accounts, and all it costs the site developer is the cost of one catch all E-mail account.

Any way good luck with finding a Dev.

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/23 7:34

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hey there Tom! Good to hear from you. Socketmail Lite and Pro have come a long way.

In fact we release 2.2.0 a few weeks ago and it looks like it is bug free, it is faster, skinable and loaded with new powerful features, one of them being MailGuard which provides at least 99.9% spam free service.

Max

tom
  • 2003/11/23 19:00

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Excellent I may have a pop over and have a nosey.

You ever thought of porting that as a module, people would pay the licencing cost then just use the hack provided to modulise it???

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/23 19:07

• Anonymous

• Since:

I would love to have it ported to XOOPS believe me. BUT i do not know how to do it. If you want to do one I will give you permission to use whatever code is needed for the module provided it is not a whole lot, and if you want to sell the module on the side you may do so, or give it away free.

email me at webmaster@phplords.com if you are interested in doing it and if you need 2.2.0 I'll email you a copy which you can use for the mod AND for one website you want to use it on, just don't give it out to anyone else.

Max

Draven
  • 2003/11/23 21:38

• Draven

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/5/28

What is the differences between the lite and pro versions?

I'm currently working on a POP based e-mail program for XOOPS loosely based on B1Gmail. I was going to just port B1G but thier code is a mess and mostly in German so I decide to rewrite it from scratch using theirs as only a guide. I'd be curious to have a look at yours and see if there is any benifit to using that instead of making mine from scratch, at first glance I can't see any features in yours not in B1G, but then again I haven't looked too deeply.

If this sounds interesting to you, send me the files and I'll have a peek. It's hard to say whether or not it would be easier to port yours over continuing mine (it's sometimes easier just to write something from scratch rather than hacking something to work with xoops).

Login

Who's Online

239 user(s) are online (166 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 239

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits