Per4orm
Banners restricted by clickthrough
  • 2003/11/16 14:53

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/11/14

Hi all!

The present banners module for XOOPS (and most other CMS) allows you to restrict the number of impressions can be made by a banner before it expires. I find however, that most advertisers are more interested in how many CLICKS they get from their banner rather than the number of impressions.

It would be great to see a function whereby the number of clicks can be bought, as opposed to the number of impressions, with the banner expiring after X number of clicks.

It would also be nice to have an option to email / print an invoice to your advertisers detailing the number of impressions, number of clicks, and cost per click etc.

Might it be possible to add a pop-up manager to XOOPS as well? Although not a great fan of pop-ups myself, it could be used as a way of generating income for high-bandwidth sites, as advertisers pay more for this than banners. It can also be used to highlight a particular section of interest within your site, a kind of internal promotions tool.

Just a couple of thoughts...

Jan304
Re: Banners restricted by clickthrough
  • 2003/11/16 15:17

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

I think this should not be integrated ('bout the pop-up doing) since this will blow the image of xoops. If you want to do that, make your own system or, let other people make it for you as a seperated item.

For advanced ad systems:
http://www.4mps.org/modules/4mpsdownloads/download.php?id=13

Login

Who's Online

168 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 168

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits