DobePhat
Pical vs. Agendax
  • 2003/11/14 0:56

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

Ok I definately need a calendar module....
to be honest I love Agendax. But somewhere I got to test the admin of Pical which is nice.

The only problem with Agendax is the admin side.
Inserting multiple dates is time consuming (entering each date by nemerics for example).

Otherwise I dont see why one would switch. Can we figure out a way to improve the admin of Agendax?

Hmmmm, we'll see...

WarDick
Re: Pical vs. Agendax
  • 2003/11/14 20:05

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

I'm using piCal on a local university site for the student government. I had been using Agenda-X previously. pical seems to be much more polished with more choices and features that my uses prefer..

Resized Image

DobePhat
  • 2003/11/15 2:40

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

really? because I looked over someones example...and didnt see that much difference...in fact I like the flast view agendax offers. The admin area however is what seems to be the most different. The minical of agendax also "seems" to look better...but maybe that was just the example I saw....

Where is this website so Ican check it out?

Maybe?

zshelton
  • 2003/11/20 13:47

• zshelton

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/20

I've been evaluating various CMS options for a couple of websites I maintain. I'm pretty impressed with Xoops, except for the calendar modules -- PostCalendar 4.0 for PostNuke blows these choices out of the water.

I really need the repeating event (daily/weekly/monthly, etc.) as well as the extended fields for the event (location address/city/state/zip, contact email, contact web, etc.)

Is there a more robust calendar module for xoops?
(I also tried TinyEvent -- which has even less features)

PureLuXus
  • 2003/11/20 14:38

• PureLuXus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/1/3 2

yes postcalendar is great.. i think pical is a good base to get good like postcal

ibzan
  • 2003/11/20 18:55

• ibzan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/31

PostCalendar is definately the standard by which I judge all other calendars (though it itself isn't 'perfect' - just darn close)

I am currently using Agenda-X but am currently in the process of moving over to PiCal. The back-end is SO MUCH better, especially with respect to adding events which span dates (which has been mentioned) as well as adding events that repeat indefinately, such as holidays, birthdays, etc.;

What I am really impressed with is how the minical upcoming event block displays events which do span days. Instead of repeating the event for however many times the event occurs, in only lists it once (something even PostCalendar never addressed)

Granted it isn't much to look at at first; and if you are going for looks Agenda-X does look great. I figured though if it accomplishes more of what I like it's worth tweaking, which is where I am right now...

blessings,

Chris

cmagana
  • 2003/11/20 19:31

• cmagana

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/8

I only say: piCal is more powerfull

builderb
  • 2003/11/20 19:48

• builderb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/8/4 2

I currently use Agenda-x for one main reason - Categories.
I have more of a need for categories than I do for re-curring events(although recurring events is a close second). I would prefer a module that could do both. but given our current options I've chosen Agenda-x.

I would really like to see PiCal add categories to the next release because I like all the other options it provides.

Ultimately, It comes down to what's important to your site and your visitors.

GIJOE
  • 2003/11/21 1:23

• GIJOE

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/13

Although I'm not interested about such meaningless comparison, I'm interested in the feature of PostCalendar.

I've never used PostCalendar yet, because PostNuke is a minor CMS in Japan.

Tell me which feature of PostCalendar is better than piCal.

As I've already implemented most of requested features in www.xoopscube.jp, I'll be able to implement any features without irrelevant to calendar like random image.

GIJOE
  • 2003/11/21 1:31

• GIJOE

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/13

I can't imagine the situation that a feature of categories is necessary for the events.
There was no such request in Japan either.

Please teach me your usage about categories , for my implementation not to knock at the wrong door.

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (166 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits