trevor
Anonymous Access
  • 2003/11/13 22:58

• trevor

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/21

I see in General Preferences that I can set an anonymous user name. If I want to grant access to a 'Guest' what can I do if I don't have their email address.

I have set the anonymous user name where do I set a passowrd? I've tried the anonymous logon without a password & it does not work - How do I use this feature?

Regards Trevor

DFBH13
Re: Anonymous Access
  • 2003/11/13 23:02

• DFBH13

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/26

lol thats not what it is.

Its when there is a guest visiting your site or posts on an anoynmas granted forum the name that appears.

sunsnapper
Re: Anonymous Access

The option you are talking about is a label for posts by people who have not signed in to your web site.

For example, in the forum, if you post a reply your user name appears... however, someone who is not signed in writes a reply, instead of a user name it will say "Anonymous" or "Guest" or whatever you typed in as your label.

You can allow anonymous users access to any parts of your site you want to. This is handled in the Groups area (System Admin | Groups). If there is something you want anonymous users to be able to see, give the anonymous user group read access to that module or block.

Hope that helps.

Login

Who's Online

1031 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 1031

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits