charpres
Blogger support site built with Xoops
  • 2003/11/12 16:29

• charpres

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/9/4 2

I have to hand it to XOOPS for making a large project easy. This site was literally launched with just a week or so of preparation and building.

Just three weeks into the launch, it already went to a "5" in the Google rankings. That shows me that the XOOPS core design is search engine friendly. Now into the sixth week, we are starting to hit the 1,500 daily unique visitor range and growing. Again, I think XOOPS should get the credit for creating a platform that is easy to work with and modify to be whatever you want it to be.

Take a look at Blogger Forum.

Any suggestions for improvement would be greatly appreciated.

kahumbu
Re: Blogger support site built with Xoops
  • 2003/11/17 17:19

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

It's a very nice site--clean and organized.

The Main Menu's dashes are a bit buggy with Mozilla Firebird, though, but it looks great in IE 6.

I also liked the idea of making Forums the whole page without the left and right columns. Nice job!

sunsnapper

This is an impressive XOOPS site. Nice use of color, I like that I can adjust the fonts, and I like the liquid layout. Tons of content.

As Kahumbu noted, in Mozilla Firebird the dashed underlines in the Main Menu block have problems. The dashes do not appear under "Hot Links" or under "Blogging Tips".

Probably a Mozilla bug, since when I view it in IE 5.5, the underlines appear as they should.

Also, I admit that the way the menu highlighting works in the header is not my personal preference. Not a big deal, but, my personal preference would be if the highlight is a consistent width, regardless of the word it is hovering over. I would also prefere if it "filled the entire rectangle" instead of just the area above the word (if that makes any sense). Just an opinion, for what it's worth.

Hey, if you get a chance, I would appreciate your feedback for my site in this thread:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=13664&forum=12

robekras
  • 2003/11/18 6:37

• robekras

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2002/12/10

A little improvement I would expect (just for the case your site is really running ok )

.... a little advertising for XOOPS .

Login

Who's Online

216 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 216

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits