tirian
WebMail2
  • 2003/11/12 3:44

• tirian

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/12

I'm running a site with XOOPS 2.0.5. I've installed WebMail2 successfully and 777ed the cache, attachments and tmp directories. After setting up an account on the Settings page, I go to the Mailbox page and continue to get the following errors (with PHP debugging on):

Error: ds/inbox
Notice [PHP]: Constant _SIZE already defined in file modules/WebMail/language/english/main.php line 20
Notice [PHP]: Constant _NONE already defined in file modules/WebMail/language/english/main.php line 39
Notice [PHP]: Constant _USERNAME already defined in file modules/WebMail/language/english/main.php line 45
Notice [PHP]: Constant _SUBMIT already defined in file modules/WebMail/language/english/main.php line 69
Notice [PHP]: Constant _ALL already defined in file modules/WebMail/language/english/main.php line 73
Notice [PHP]: Constant _DELETE already defined in file modules/WebMail/language/english/main.php line 79
Notice [PHP]: Constant _REPLY already defined in file modules/WebMail/language/english/main.php line 80
Notice [PHP]: Constant _SEARCH already defined in file modules/WebMail/language/english/main.php line 91
Notice [PHP]: Constant _PASSWORD already defined in file modules/WebMail/language/english/main.php line 92
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: xoops_lblocks in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 626
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: options in file modules/WebMail/index.php line 55
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: bgcolor2 in file modules/WebMail/index.php line 80
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: bgcolor2 in file modules/WebMail/index.php line 80
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant popserver - assumed 'popserver' in file modules/WebMail/index.php line 83
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant port - assumed 'port' in file modules/WebMail/index.php line 84
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant uname - assumed 'uname' in file modules/WebMail/index.php line 85
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant passwd - assumed 'passwd' in file modules/WebMail/index.php line 87
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant account - assumed 'account' in file modules/WebMail/index.php line 88
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant id - assumed 'id' in file modules/WebMail/index.php line 89

The email account(s) I'm trying to access are already setup and accessible through POP3. Any ideas?

(Yes I am a newbie!)

Thanks,
tirian

jfernau
Re: WebMail2
  • 2004/3/6 21:20

• jfernau

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/29

Has anyone gotten this to work correctly? I downloaded webmail2 fromhttp://gererstorfer.net and installed it on 206. I did find some suggested fixes in the forum on gererstorfer.net, but while they fixed one issue, now it seems more broken than ever.

If someone could get this working correctly, I think that it would be a "must have" module for a certain portion of the community. Other modules provide calendaring, to-do, and various other groupware functions, but as of now, we don't have a good webmail module.

From what I've seen, even in it's broken state, webmail2 could be that module, once the bugs are worked out.

If nobody has gotten it to work, I will contact the person who originally ported it to XOOPS to see if he has the interest and time to work out these issues. If not, I guess this could be my first attempt to give something back to the community.

John

bbgds
  • 2004/9/19 6:40

• bbgds

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/23

I agree.

It seems like a pretty nifty little module, and I think has a lot of potential, once all the bugs are ironed out. I tried downloading SqMail first, and it was 5 times the size of this little mod, and had just as many bugs. I would love it if this became a core module for XOOPS 3!

bbgds

flyingtux
  • 2004/9/19 16:08

• flyingtux

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/6 1

I was asking for a webmail module in a post some days ago. I tested almost all the module I found on the net, but they are all not working.
Although I'm not a programmer, I could help with testing if somebody wants to try fixing the webmail2 module.
Cheers,
ft

wcrwcr
  • 2004/9/19 16:08

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi tirian

But even with all the notices, did u get this module working?

To clean up a bit u could open the files with

"Notice [PHP]: Constant _SIZE already defined in file modules/WebMail/language/english/main.php line 20"

and put a // (comment) in the begining of the line (back up first )

And could I ask you a favor? I tried to download the mod but the author?s site seems to be off, so could You send It to me via email?

Thanks.......

tirian
  • 2004/9/20 2:53

• tirian

• Just popping in

wcrwcr,
I gave up trying to get the WebMail2 module working. Shortly after finding it, I found the SquirrelMail port and I did get that to function. So I gave up on WebMail2.

I have noticed in looking around the authors site there have been some bug fixes posted by users... maybe I'll have to give it another go soon.

I was able to download the WebMail2 module just fine today. Here's the direct link for your convenience: Webmail2 direct link

If you get it to work please post the details.

Thanks,
tirian

wcrwcr
  • 2004/9/20 3:21

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Ok tirian

And what are your impressions about SquirrelMail?
Is It doing ok?

Reagarding the webmail2 module, thanks for your link but I had nothing but 3/4 timeouts

If you can, please send It to me via email.

Regards

stefan88
  • 2004/9/20 5:17

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Edit your PHP.INI file and in errors section (Error handling and logging) add '& ~E_NOTICE' to your 'error_reporting' key. It should look somethig like 'error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE'. Read the comments for diferent values.
Hope this will help:)

thedocks
  • 2004/9/20 8:24

• thedocks

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/7 7

This is deffinatly a php.ini issue. I am supprised that you have not seen other notices. When you have big complicated php web site's the PHP engine produces them all the time unless your code has been written by the PHP God himself.

As the previous poster suggested you need to change the notices section of the PHP ini file.

Simon
What's on in Preston
www.prestondocks.net

tirian
  • 2004/9/20 13:51

• tirian

• Just popping in

wcrwcr

For basic send and receive, I do like the SquirrelMail module. Though it's somewhat annoying to have to log into it seperate from my XOOPS login.

I'd be happy to send you the WebMail2 zip, but didn't see an email address in your profile. Just PM me with your address and the file will be on it's way!

-tirian

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits