sunsnapper
Feedback and Suggestions

I would appreciate feedback for this site:
http://www.brilliantenergy.com/

The zip code lookup is offline, but, there are some news stories that may be interesting... and a products page that uses <div> for the blockContent chunks. We aren't quite ready for a YAXS posting yet.

Currently, the site is more of a Jello design than Liquid, but, the font-sizes should adjust to the users whims and the browser window can be collapsed.

Also, a move to keep navigation towards the right, where it is a happy neighbor to the brower's scroll bars is a usability experiment.

(Currently, I'm using mod_rewrite to map some of the high level links. For modules, currently I'm using Custom Blocks, WFChannel, and News.)

Any feedback is great. I'm particularly interested in hearing if any browsers brutally break the pages. I don't have access to a Mac, so Safari, Mozilla, and IE Mac feedback particularly welcome.

Are the colors insane, drive you mad, or make you dizzy?

Is the content easy to read? Appealing?

Is the information easy to navigate?

If you looked at an inkblot, would you see Bart? Homer? Odysseus?

sunsnapper
Re: Feedback and Suggestions

Well, I'll have to put this request on hold, as my site (and my host's site) all seem to be down this morning. Hopefully, it will be back up soon after the 9AM crew arrives.

sunsnapper

OK, host is back up.

DFBH13
  • 2003/11/11 23:58

• DFBH13

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/26

Nice Site m8

sunsnapper

Thanks DFBH13!

sunsnapper

Now the site is using even more mod_rewrite to make the news article links more friendly.

Comments appreciated.

Ace_Armstrong

Nice. Looks a lot like FreeFlo.org. Did you design the logo?

sunsnapper

The company hired a graphic artist friend of mine to do the logo. If you like it and need that kind of work done, he works freelance.

He did the logo when designing the stationery, business cards, etc. We went through an iterative process with many different mock-ups and directions explored (hard thing about the process is saying goodbye to other nice designs).

This is the one that rose to the top when we did a survey on the different logos. Another logo was close, but, the one we chose did particularly well with the company's target demographic... in addition to winning the head to head competition.

We now conclude this episode of "more than you ever wanted to know about the logo."

Ace_Armstrong

Quote:

sunsnapper wrote:
The company hired a graphic artist friend of mine to do the logo. If you like it and need that kind of work done, he works freelance.

Actually, logo design is part of what our little company does...which is why a really good one catches my eye. I like this one in particular because it's simple but it still gets the basic idea behind the company across. Very nice.

My favorite that we did was for a hair salon called "Wilde Hair." Imagine the possibilities that we went through on THAT one!

Anyway, nice looking site.

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits