thushara
Using xoops to create a weblog?
  • 2003/11/8 6:35

• thushara

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/8

I am interested in using XOOPS for creating a weblog.
To ensure privacy for some personal entries of mine, I would like to create a username and password for each
of my friends who will be able to login to view these
entries. However, their usage of my website is
restricted to just posting comments and viewing my
entries. As for the rest of my entries, they would be public. Is this possible? Is there a way to disable registrations? Or to make certain posts "friends-only" - a little like Livejournal in which I can group friends into specific groups?

Has anyone out there used XOOPS to create a weblog? If you have, please leave your web address here, so I can visit to get an idea on how to create mine. Thanx!

gstarrett
Re: Using xoops to create a weblog?
  • 2003/11/8 7:16

• gstarrett

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/3/12

I have read that XOOPS supports blogger interfaces, so you can set up news items from a blogger client. I also know that you can restrict access to modules based on group membership, but I don't know how you would set up only some entries to be restricted and others public.

hsalazar
Re: Using xoops to create a weblog?
  • 2003/11/8 7:35

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

thushara:

I'd say XOOPS is overkill for a weblog, while at the same time it lacks some of the features people usually associate with blogs. But here's what I'd do if I wanted to use it for blogging:

1) Create a group of users called "Friends".

2) Create and activate accounts for your friends, and put them in the "Friends" group.

3) Use one of Catzwolf modules to write your entries. These modules use the groupaccess feature so you can define what group can see each individual entry.

4) Whenever you write something, you can choose if it will be seen by the group "Friends" or not. Of course you need anonymous access to the rest of the entries.

5) As to the disabling registrations, it's easily done from the admin interface.

Cheers.

Login

Who's Online

247 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 247

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits