Lisa_S
Ok, now it won't read from the old database...
  • 2003/11/7 12:27

• Lisa_S

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/1/30

Finally got past that mainfile.php problem. Connected to the database, the installation saw that there were existing tables and said "tables already exist" and stopped right there.

I was under the impression that the install would be able to use the existing database... I don't want to lose all the information I have on the exisitng one and would like XOOPS 2.0.5 to use it.

How do I make it do that?

Herko
Re: Ok, now it won't read from the old database...
  • 2003/11/7 13:28

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Your site already has 2.0.5 tables? Then you don't have to run the installer, just copy the files in the right location and have the mainfile.php values set correctly...

Herko

Lisa_S
  • 2003/11/7 20:28

• Lisa_S

• Just popping in

No, they are 1.3.10 tables i believe. I was under the impression that the 2.0.5 installation would detect them and upgrade them, but it would not and I had to rename the table prefix on the installation to upgradexoops_ so it would continue installing. How do I make the installation continue installing after it detects that i have old XOOPS tables in my database?

Herko
  • 2003/11/7 20:33

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

the update script detects the existance of 2.0 tables. If they already exist, then the installer doesn't overwrite them because it assumes the tables already are in place, and that 2.0 is already installed (which is a good assumption). The detection script is definately not working on your server, which is very strange. Can you give us some more info on the php version you're using and on what kind of server the xoop site is running?

Herko

Lisa_S
  • 2003/11/8 7:45

• Lisa_S

• Just popping in

PHP version 4.3.2
MySQL version 4.0.15-standard

Geez, this is really confusing! First the mainfile.php error and now this!

The 2.0.5 installation will finish in full if I rename the prefix of the tables to something other than XOOPS because the XOOPS prefix is already being used by the existing database from the XOOPS 1.3.10 installation a few months ago.

But I don't want it to make new tables for 2.0.5, i want it to use the old ones!

I don't think I even am making sense to myself anymore hehe everything is muddled up in my brain from all this complexity!
Herko Coomans wrote:
the update script detects the existance of 2.0 tables. If they already exist, then the installer doesn't overwrite them because it assumes the tables already are in place, and that 2.0 is already installed (which is a good assumption). The detection script is definately not working on your server, which is very strange. Can you give us some more info on the php version you're using and on what kind of server the xoop site is running?

Herko[/quote]

Jan304
  • 2003/11/8 11:53

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

Do the following:
- Upload ya old database from XOOPS 1.3.10
- In the installation script enter the same prefix as 1.3.10 and database and login
- After the database check (or two steps later) it will see them, and say it and ask or it has to upgrade!
- PLEASE, don't stop if ya think it doesn't see them, just keep going untill it sees them! You have a backup right...

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits