ibzan
wfsections WYSIWYG editor bug?
  • 2003/11/6 18:51

• ibzan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/31

I had been using the WYSIWYG editor (mostly in the view HTML mode) within the wfsection module for a while with no problems. Then while updating an article when it posted the HTML code I had entered came right along into the file, ie. not recognized as HTML and the whole article was screwed up.
The only way I got around this was to turn it off and only use the XOOPS editor.
Has anybody else ran into this?

Chris

Shine
Re: wfsections WYSIWYG editor bug?
  • 2003/11/6 20:55

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Jep,...I also have lots of probs with the wfs wysiwyg editor. Somehow it doesn't handle entered htmlcode right and the whole article is one big mess.
I went back to use the XOOPS editor and then all goes well, also my entered htmlcode.

By the way I have to admit that I prefer to use the XOOPS editor upon the wysiwyg-editor. It gives me much more control of the used code. Bcause there are a lot of codes not html4. When I look at the code it uses I get the impression as if I am working within Word. A lot of unnessesary opening and close tags.......
I hope the option of chosing which editor you wanna use will be available within the next WFs version(s).

What I really would like to say is that WF-section is one great module. Catz has done (and is still doing) a great job!

Grtz., Shine

Catzwolf
  • 2003/11/6 21:36

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Hi,

Thanks Shine

The editor in the version you are using will no longer be used with future versions of WF.

Instead, WF will use a very heavily modified SPAW WYSIWYG editor and I hopefully have fixed many of the problems related with the previous versions in this area.

Catzwolf
  • 2003/11/6 21:37

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:
I hope the option of chosing which editor you wanna use will be available within the next WFs version(s).

This option has been available for a looooooonnnggggg time, check in WF main config

Shine
  • 2003/11/6 21:51

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Quote:
This option has been available for a looooooonnnggggg time, check in WF main config

Yes I know,...that is why I love the available choice option and used it <grinz>. Like I previously said,......I went back to the xoopseditor within WFS.

Hmmzz,.....are you sure you are going/want to delete this wysiwyg/xoopseditor option within the future version? Cause I love to work with it, bcause it feels like I have more control over certain things.
Oh well, you know me, as usual this girlie is somewhat euhh a bit ehm conservatif......

Grtz., Shine
@ Catz: nice to see that you are back !!

Catzwolf
  • 2003/11/6 22:08

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

LOL Not the option for the choice Shine, but the old WYSIWYG editor. Thats all

ibzan
  • 2003/11/7 7:33

• ibzan

• Just popping in

Quote:
Instead, WF will use a very heavily modified SPAW WYSIWYG editor and I hopefully have fixed many of the problems related with the previous versions in this area.

Great to hear! One thought may be of some use... (yep more free advice )

Instead of having to switch from the WSYIWYG editor to the XOOPS editor from within the preferances, might it be helpful to allow the switch the same way we now currently switch from teh WSYIWYG editor to the HTML? Kind of like either a button the cycles between all three, or a seperate link opposite the WSYIWYG / HTML editor to switch between XOOPS and WSYIWYG.

blessings,

Chris

Catzwolf
  • 2003/11/7 7:37

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

ibzan wrote:

Instead of having to switch from the WSYIWYG editor to the XOOPS editor from within the preferances, might it be helpful to allow the switch the same way we now currently switch from teh WSYIWYG editor to the HTML? Kind of like either a button the cycles between all three, or a seperate link opposite the WSYIWYG / HTML editor to switch between XOOPS and WSYIWYG.

blessings,

Chris

Yes I agree that this would be helpfull to everyone out there.

you just put another few days on the release LOL

ibzan
  • 2003/11/7 7:40

• ibzan

• Just popping in

Quote:
Yes I agree that this would be helpfull to everyone out there.
you just put another few days on the release LOL

Shame on me

Login

Who's Online

142 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 142

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits