gstarrett
Smarty or XOOPS variable indicating location of block?
  • 2003/11/6 7:31

• gstarrett

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/3/12

Is there a way to tell from within a block if you are rendering within a left or right side block vs. a center block? Either smarty or XOOPS variables would due about equally.

Another helpful thing would be if anyone knows of blocks that adapt to the column they are in regardless of theme.

My blocks are best viewed one way when in the 'skinny' area, but should expand when in the wider areas.

gstarrett
Re: Smarty or XOOPS variable indicating location of block?
  • 2003/11/8 20:18

• gstarrett

• Friend of XOOPS

Isn't there any way to do this? I don't want to resort to DHTML because I think that would over complicate the solution.

Draven
  • 2003/11/8 21:41

• Draven

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/5/28

What exactly are you trying to do? I don't think there is anything from within the block you can use. If you just trying to have 2 different layouts for the same block, why not just make a block option that allows you to assign the position for the function?

gstarrett
  • 2003/11/8 23:02

• gstarrett

• Friend of XOOPS

I'm trying to set up images in a block to flow across if they are in a wide layout. Problem is they are left (or right) justtified when I do that, so it doesn't look right in a 1-column (e.g. left or right column) position.

I'll probably use the option approach, but I was hoping there was an easier way that would still allow the site admin to set one thing (the position) instead of two (position and desired orientation).

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits