bentley
CSS, blocks without borders, link to own pages
  • 2003/11/3 17:24

• bentley

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/3

I am playing around with XOOPS before deciding which CMS I want to use. So far XOOPS seems the best. I have a couple of questions.

i have found a couple of themes i like, however I don't want boders around my center blocks. Where do I find this to fix that. I just want my center blocks to have a headline and content.

Next question, I want to put links to my own pages in the main menu. For example, i want to put Link 1, then that goes to a page containing info on Link1. Below that Link 2 and a page going to inframtion about link 2, and so fourth. So besides the usual menu, links to other information. Thanks for any help.

dirch
Re: CSS, blocks without borders, link to own pages
  • 2003/11/3 17:42

• dirch

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/29

When you use the default theme, you can edit the centerblock in themnes/default/theme_blockcenter_c.html

sunsnapper

For creating links to your own existing pages, you can create a custom block (System Admin | Blocks) and put whatever links you want in it.

If you want to wrap you existing content in your XOOPS themes, that can be done as well... just ask for recommendations for a content wrapper module (there are quite a few).

I think to remove the borders around blocks, in the CSS file for the theme you have chosen to use, search for ".outer" and you will see where you can change or remove the border.

(Note: If you want to modify XOOPS default theme, you need to clone it first and make your edits to the copy. If you are modifying one of the other themes, you can make your edits directly.)

bentley
  • 2003/11/3 20:55

• bentley

• Just popping in

Thank you very much both of you. I will give them both of a whirl tonight.

I am trying to use C-Jay content to wrap my crap :). In any case I don't know if I can put the links to my wrapped pages in any block, just the C-Jay one. I am not so sure. Thanks for your help.

I have downloaded Freecontent and C-Jay to give them a try, i 'll see what happens.

bentley
  • 2003/11/4 13:12

• bentley

• Just popping in

I went and tried that stuff you guys suggested. i edit the style.css, but to no avail. I douln't find anything to do with table borders in the html file. What css class is the center blocks? If I find that out I can edit it. Maybe i am doing something wrong.

dirch
  • 2003/11/4 13:20

• dirch

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/29

The boarders built from the fieldset tag in the theme.html

bentley
  • 2003/11/4 21:58

• bentley

• Just popping in

yea, I looked around and saw that. Thanks for the help though.

Login

Who's Online

168 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 168

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits