hrac
Center block ordering
  • 2003/10/31 7:40

• hrac

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/7/15

When I create center block and center left-right blocks, always center block shown above the others, even center block's weight is lower than others.

I think this is a design issue, not a bug. But I think block should be ordered by weights for all center blocks (including center-left and center-right blocks)

Best regards

Herko
Re: Center block ordering
  • 2003/10/31 8:34

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

(posted twice, deleted the second post for good order).

This is impossible at the moment. As you can see in your theme.html file (found in the themes/yourthemename/ folder), each type of block is called upon in the HTML indivudually. You can change the order of their appearance in your theme.html, but that would make it so for all pages.

Herko

AAINC
  • 2003/10/31 9:02

• AAINC

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/18

Hello,
I kinda touched on this subject here:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=13274&forum=20#forumpost53198

I recoded theme so that ccb was below clb and crb.
I also added an include so that if I want I can have a "fake" ccb underneath my content, at bottom of page.
But that is static and only a temporary solution.

A center center BOTTOM block with admin feature would be cool.

Hint Hint
Many thanks to the XOOPS developers for this awesome CMS, I am Hooked.

naish
  • 2003/10/31 9:19

• naish

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/10

Actually it touches on a major weakness of Xoops.

1. Block order is static. Either you have:

center
left - right

left - right
center

This problem could be solved if we were to create a "Superblock" module that could do more advanced layout stuff. That way the superblock module would publish blocks containing other blocks. Think of the way java.swing does gui layout.

I might look into this in the not so far away future.

2. In XOOPS you can do block layout on a module basis. That is you can place a module on the top page or on a module page. A more flexible solution would be to let modules publish a list of pages that blocks could be placed on.

This feature is very important for commercial/complex websites. Currently my team is doing ugly hacks to get around this limitation.

Login

Who's Online

253 user(s) are online (174 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 253

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits