Coplan
Module messing up Anonymous menu
  • 2003/10/30 5:21

• Coplan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/10/2

I am having a really wierd problem with a module I'm writing.

With the module loaded and a user is logged in, everything is fine for everyone (admin & registered users)

With the module loaded and user is not logged in (anonymous), the menus get all sorts of messed up regardless of what module I'm using, and regardless of what blocks I have loaded (of course the menu is loaded)

When I unload the module, everything is fine again for everyone (admin & registered users).

Now here's the really wierd part: I load the module again, I go to the control panels and disable module access for anonymous users. I submit those changes and log out (so I can test anonymous), and low and behold -- everything is perfect again as if there was no problem at all.

The menu structure is no different than any other menu. I have a couple of options set forth in the xoops_version.php file. If I disable all the menus for that module, it still acts all messed up. Otherwise, I dont' see why this module should affect the site so like any other module.

I'd love to paste some code here for review, but I don't even know where to begin. Has anyone else ever experienced this wierd behavior? I could use some advice.

Or I could at least use some advice as to where to begin trouble shooting.

Thanks.

robekras
Re: Module messing up Anonymous menu
  • 2003/10/30 18:13

• robekras

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2002/12/10

Don't know whether this could be a help.

Save the html code from a correct shown page to a file,
and save the html code from a messed up page to another file
and compare these files. Maybe you can find the difference,
and with the difference the cause of the corrupted code.

As far as I understand, your XOOPS pages are messed up even if
your module isn't called?
Also no module block is called?

Coplan
Re: Module messing up Anonymous menu
  • 2003/10/31 17:57

• Coplan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/10/2

Correct. The only differences between the two pages is the fact that the messed up one has the menu option for my module in it, while the other does not.

So I did some comparison between the two pages and found nothing different between the two.

I think it might have something to do with my apache configuration on my home computer. The main website doesn't seem to have this problem. But only on my home computer. I just discovered that I can't view user profiles on my home computer either. So I'm going to trouble-shoot some unrelated issues on that machine.

Login

Who's Online

239 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 239

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits