qwik420
site name missing
  • 2003/10/28 9:42

• qwik420

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/11

http://www.drinkinggamesfor.us

If you go to the site you will see that it is missing the site name in the top title bar. I have the name and slogan listed in the preferences in the admin area. I have no idea why it is not taking. What file can I find where it is called? I want to hard code it in here.

wtravel
Re: site name missing

Hi, can you let us know where exactly this title should be shown? If it is not to be shown in a block you should be able to change it in the theme html file.

Kind regards,

Martijn

qwik420
  • 2003/11/18 9:57

• qwik420

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/11

I'm talking about the browser title bar. My site just shows - - Microsoft Internet Explorer. This really sucks for search engines. I've made the change in the system module preferences, and I even changed it via phpMyadmin, but still can not get it fixed.

mvandam
  • 2003/11/18 10:03

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/7 2

Is this the only config option you can't change? If so, read on; if not, it is probably something else.

Did you install with 'fantastico'? If so, search the forums here for 'fantastico' and you'll find there is a bit of an issue with this installer and a few versions of xoops. If you did use fantastico, you may want to consider the possibility of installing XOOPS yourself via the XOOPS installer (if possible with your hoster). Otherwise you may need to get your hands dirty with a little bit of MySQL to fix a couple of errors made by fantastico.

[EDIT: I've just added a FAQ for the Fantastico issue on the wiki as it has come up several times now.]

wtravel

Hi,

In your theme.html file you will find something like:
Quote:

<meta name="generator" content="XOOPS" />
<title><{$xoops_sitename}> - <{$xoops_pagetitle}></title>
<link href="<{$xoops_url}>/favicon.ico" rel="SHORTCUT ICON" />

Your xoops_sitename equals the slogan you have set in the admin preference and the xoops_pagetitle equals the module name of the module in which you are browsing. The last one seems to be working fine. When I go to the news module I see the title has changed to '- Articles - Microsoft Internet Explorer'.

If you wish to set the xoops_url you should edit the slogan field in admin->preferences->General Settings. According to your post you already set it. Try saving your settings again and see if it worked.

You can also edit the theme.html page itself if you wish to have a fixed title for example or if you wish not to show the '-' signs. If you only want the slogan as well to be shown and re-saving the slogan in the admin settings does not work, change the <{$xoops_url>} fiels in the theme.html file into your hard coded slogan.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Martijn

Login

Who's Online

145 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 145

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits