eulogy
Xoops 2.0.5 New Installation from Fantastico..........
  • 2003/10/27 16:06

• eulogy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/27

Hello and Good Day:

I performed a brand new installation of XOOPS v2.0.5 from my host's cpanel through Fantastico. I want to say I am very excited about using XOOPS and I have previous experience in PostNuke. However, I have run into a few problems and would definitely appreciate any assistance.

I have had problems in the past logging into the administrator's control panel. It would say that it was my first time logging in....then repeat over and over.

My current problem is that when I try to install a module from the module manager, it says that it cannot access the main menu. More specifically: Installing Headlines

Unable to install xoopsheadline. Error(s):

Unable to write to main menu.

Also, whenever I change any options in preferences, they don't take- I receive no errors, but when I check the preferences they have been reset to default.

eulogy
Re: Xoops 2.0.5 New Installation from Fantastico..........
  • 2003/10/27 17:22

• eulogy

• Just popping in

On a side note, I never got the above to work correctly so I did a manual installation. Everything was greenlight.

I log-in as the administrator and I select Administration Menu, but it takes me to a green screen that says, "This is your first time to enter the administration section. Press the button below to proceed."
I can choose submit or cancel. When I choose submit it says - Loggin you in. But it loops back to the original screen that says it is my first time to enter. Ive pressed the button about 100 times and it continues. Now I also tried registering as a new user and after all the information is entered and I select finish- it says, "Could not register new user."

What can I do? Can anyone help? Thanks!

Herko
  • 2003/10/27 17:52

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

eulogy wrote:

My current problem is that when I try to install a module from the module manager, it says that it cannot access the main menu. More specifically: Installing Headlines

Unable to install xoopsheadline. Error(s):

Unable to write to main menu.

Also, whenever I change any options in preferences, they don't take- I receive no errors, but when I check the preferences they have been reset to default.

You'll have to chmod the cache folder to 777, so the main menu can be written (adminmenu.php), and the setings as well.

Herko

eulogy
  • 2003/10/27 18:34

• eulogy

• Just popping in

Thanks for the reply Herko.

I have chmod'd the cache folder to 777 and then retried. No luck, so I changed the whole directory and sub-directories for XOOPS to 777 and still no luck.
I will continue.

On a side-note, what causes logging on to the administration menu for the first time (submit, cancel) to loop?

Looking forward to using this great product soon! Thanks...

Also, I would be willing to pay someone a modest fee for setting up my XOOPS site...... message me.

mvandam
  • 2003/10/27 18:47

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/7 2

Quote:

I wonder if this is caused by the problem described here:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=11407&forum=19

In previous versions of Xoops, the fantastico installer seems to have incorrectly generated a few of the config options which causes them to be unchangable.

jhobbs
  • 2003/11/7 20:40

• jhobbs

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/4 1

I just installed a test XOOPS site using CPanel 8.5.3-STABLE-3. It installs a modified version of 2.05A, so I thought "Wonderful!", and things seemed to work, until I tried to "View Account" or "Edit Account" from the User Menu. I got

Error [Xoops]: Smarty: [in db:system_userinfo.html line 112]: syntax error: expecting '=' after attribute name 'ts' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 1375) in file class/smarty/Smarty_Compiler.class.php line 1824

"Edit User" from the System Admin menu worked fine. I modified & saved stuff, continued working, didn't fix anything regarding the User Menu.

Userinfo.php as installed by Cpanel is definitely not the same file as downloaded from xoops.org. But, copying the "correct" versions of files in class, include, kernel, language, and all except mainfile.php in root didn't help. So I deleted all except the index file in templates_c, no help. I just gave up and installed by hand. There are no problems with hand-installed versions of XOOPS on my system, so I don't think there's a problem with software versions, etc.

It's a shame that CPanel comes so close, but misses the mark. I'll send them a copy of this mail.

If any XOOPS developers want to test & debug, I can make a test site with Cpanel 8.5.3 available.

Login

Who's Online

136 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 136

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits