fdj
creating a theme with x2.0.5
  • 2003/10/23 16:23

• fdj

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/19

Hello
i would like to creat my own theme for XOOPS but i don't know how to start. I made a copy of the original theme in the cp and then download it but there is only modules html files in it and a single xml file.
Could someone tell me the basics steps to work on my theme.

=>http://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=XoopsThemesDoc is not ready yet .

thx

sunsnapper
Re: creating a theme with x2.0.5

Looks like the Kickstart Guide was hiding in the list. Try this:
http://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=ThemeHowTo

fdj
  • 2003/10/24 14:44

• fdj

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/19

ok thx a lot...
but i think one thing is missing concerning this guide. Once i finished step 4 i can't see the template modules files in my new folder ("cool" on the guide).
Do i have to download the new theme on my computer and then upload the files in the rep "cool" ?.
Do i need to edit the xml file?

thx

sunsnapper

First, I think I should differentiate between themes and templates. Themes are the overall look and feel wrapper, and the theme files are in the folder ("cool" in the example we are discussing).

Templates control the appearance of module generated blocks and content. Templates are stored in the database, so you will not find them in your "cool" folder. Templates can be accessed in System Admin | Templates. For each module, there is a list of template files that can be edited. You can download them if you want to (though I never have). Instead I just use the edit feature available in the interface. But, if you did download them, you could edit them that way, then return them to a tarball and upload them back in.

I'm not sure what the XML file you are referring to is doing, but, I don't think it is a template file and I don't think you need to edit it. I suspect it is the XOOPS template structure, but, either way, you don't need to touch it, and be left alone.

I hope that helps.

Login

Who's Online

226 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 226

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits