CarrieB
getting rid of link.gif and rating etc links - help?
  • 2003/10/23 7:37

• CarrieB

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/23

Hi guys. I'm helping a friend with a XOOPS installation.
We're trying to get rid of the link.gif image next to each product listing and get rid of all of the extraneous links at the bottom of the product listing box (rate it, votes, mailto etc).

I've deleted the img src code for link.gif everywhere I can find it and ripped out the table rows for the other links wherever I can find those - but nothing is changing!

Can anyone tell me which file these are being pulled from? She's using the ICE theme, if that helps.

You can see the site here - look under the product (or in her case, recipe) links and you'll see all the junk link codes that look like ()|||(). Those are what we want rid of.

I've taken the code for the image out of modules/mylinks/templates/mylinks_link.html - heck I even deleted the ENTIRE file off of the server and it didn't change anything, image was still there... plus took it out of a few other files I found in modules/mylinks2 but still no luck.

Thanks in advance!

CarrieB
Re: getting rid of link.gif and rating etc links - help?
  • 2003/10/23 7:39

• CarrieB

• Just popping in

PS - I did put mylinks_link.html back, I was just testing the theory that the script isn't actually using this file at all.

wtravel

Hi Carrie,

The html code was originally taken from the file mylinks_link.html and has been copied to a record in the database. You can edit this template using the administration section.

Log in as administrator -> go to admin section -> navigate to templates -> find the template mylinks_link.html and click on 'edit'. You can now edit the template and submit changes.

Note: I assume you made a clone of the deault template set and are using that set. If not, first make a clone of the default set and then activate it in the preferences section.
You can edit templates in the new set, but not in the defeult set.

Good luck,

Martijn

CarrieB
  • 2003/10/23 8:55

• CarrieB

• Just popping in

Thank you so much Martijn! We'll give that a try as soon as she see my flashing ICQ note :)

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits