voddie
Module install question
  • 2003/10/22 16:14

• voddie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/20

Hi

Ive downloaded both zip files for xoop chat and XOOPS gallery and wish to install them. Im very new to Xoops.

Could anyone please assist, or point me towards a tutorial.

Thanks in advance

Voddie

Herko
Re: Module install question
  • 2003/10/22 17:14

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Installing modules is easy peasy with XOOPS Just upack the module files on your PC, and check the directory structure. The thing with XOOPS modules is that you have to upload the correct folder to the right place. Mark the folder with the file xoops_version.php, mentally. That folder (probably called xoopschat) should be uploaded to xoops' modules/ folder. Thus, you'll have the following structure on your server: (XOOPS site root)/modules/xoopschat(or any other module name)/xoops_version.php. You have to upload all the files and subfolders included in the module package to the server.

Hope this helps!

Herko

Mithrandir

Then when you have uploaded the files, go to your site and login.
Go to the Administration Menu -> System Admin -> Module Admin and find the new module in the list below the already installed modules. Click on the install icon and you should be set

HF and good luck with XOOPS

voddie
  • 2003/10/23 10:20

• voddie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/20

Thanks to both of you for the assistance.

I have them both installed now, having a little problem with the gallery, cannot seem to make thumbnails. I will look on their site to fix the problem.

Thanks again

Voddie

Login

Who's Online

228 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 228

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits