dragge
help
  • 2003/10/22 15:14

• dragge

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/22

Hi!
Hope that someone can help me out...

After installing Xoops, everything is Ok.
Trying to log in with my Admin account is Ok.
After loging in, the page is like the first page, yet logged in? No Admin link, no nothing.. U should have that link, right?

Edit:

I Removed everything, all files all databases and so on and started from scratch and i get the same problem...

Why, after loging in with Admin, don't the Admin link show up? Bug in 205 ?

If i use 1.05 Rev3, i can log in and so on, everything works just fine but with 2.0.5, its not

New Edit:

Trying one more time with 2.0.5 and the same...
After "Thank you for logging" screen, i get back to the main page and not logged in? Can't type admin.php in my address bar and go from there, i just get "No permission"... what to do?

Herko
Re: help
  • 2003/10/22 17:08

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

You have to make absolutely sure that the URL you enter during the XOOPS installation, the one that will be your site's URL, is exactly the same as the URL you use to login. No redirects or something like that. This is because the login script verifies your status (logged in or not) by comparing the URL of the site you logged in (which is written in a cookie fle) and the URL you are at. So, if they are not exactly the same (eg. yoursite.com vs. www.yoursite.com, both may work, but not for login), your login will not work.

Herko

dragge
  • 2003/10/22 19:32

• dragge

• Just popping in

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
You have to make absolutely sure that the URL you enter during the XOOPS installation, the one that will be your site's URL, is exactly the same as the URL you use to login. No redirects or something like that. This is because the login script verifies your status (logged in or not) by comparing the URL of the site you logged in (which is written in a cookie fle) and the URL you are at. So, if they are not exactly the same (eg. yoursite.com vs. www.yoursite.com, both may work, but not for login), your login will not work.

Herko

Ok now, let's see...
im using my computer as a test server, using the latest EasyPHP version. so during the XOOPS install im using localhost and when browsing the page after install i'm using localhost as address. That Should work, right?
even tried using IP form, (127.0.0.1). That dont work either 1.* version of XOOPS works just fine with localhost as address, why dont 2.*? More suggestions?

DraggE

dragge
  • 2003/10/22 19:55

• dragge

• Just popping in

nevermind... i got it to work now... reinstalled everything, EasyPHP.... now it works oh well... thnx!

DraggE

Login

Who's Online

120 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 120

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits