brein
Google news and Yahoo groups rss feeds?
  • 2003/10/22 6:26

• brein

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/22

I just started up yet another site with Xoops.
Chiromeme.com is targeted towards the deaf, and I would like to provide a variety of news from different sources on deaf related issues. Unfortunately, this type of news is few and far between. (one reason why I wanted this.. provide an easier way for deaf people to get their news!)

There are very few RSS feeds that will cover this subject. My thoughts were to collect google news searches, and convert them into rss somehow. I found something that would do this, but I can't seem to get it to work with the headline block.

MyRSS.com claims to be able to convert any page, but I couldn't get their feed to work with xoops. There is also something called Gnews2RSS, but I'm not sure if that works either. Is there something specific i need to do in order to get these feeds working in Xoops?

A secondary type of feed I would like to get is the some of the yahoo groups mailing lists, nice because there are a number of informative mailing lists for the deaf hosted there. There was a tool for this called the Yahoo Groups URI Generator but the page for this seems to have vanished. Is there any alternative solution to be able to collect feeds from several groups? And how would I 'plug' this into my XOOPS site?

cmelo2
Re: Google news and Yahoo groups rss feeds?
  • 2004/2/7 0:49

• cmelo2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/7 0

I need some solution !

I´d like to send email to XOOPS, and this email transform in news and send email to group. Like yahoogroups;
Or
get email messages from yahoogroups and transform it in news at Xoops;

Any idea or module ?

Thank´s

sunsnapper
Re: Google news and Yahoo groups rss feeds?

I am pretty sure that the FreeContent 3.0 Web Digest feature does this automatically based on your topic areas. It's at least worth a look.

Demo:
http://www.guanxicrm.com/modules/freecontent/?op=di

You can download it from there, too.

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits