audia4
error at the bottom of every page..
  • 2003/10/17 10:12

• audia4

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/4 9

hi, i have this error showing at the bottom of every page of the website..

Notice: Use of undefined constant config_value - assumed 'config_value' in d:\home\sharetrader\kernel\session.php on line 126

It only shows when i have php debug on of course, so it doesnt show when i have debug off, but i would still like to fix this. WHat could be causing it?

blueangel
Re: error at the bottom of every page..
  • 2003/10/17 14:19

• blueangel

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/2/20

you have not to be worried too much about that message, it is only a warning (notice)

audia4
  • 2003/10/18 6:32

• audia4

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/4 9

i understand that, but i would still like to fix it, it hasnt always been there, and im sure it doesnt happen to everyone.

maybe someone knows what is causing this?

ackbarr

well it is not caused by anything in a standard XOOPS release. I did a search for config_value in every release of XOOPS since 2.0.1 and it was not in any file in the /kernel directory.

That being said, sometimes an error such as this is caused by this sloppy coding practice:
$myvar[config_value] = 'some value';

PHP looks at the above line and looks for a constant with the name config_value, if it finds it config_value's defined value is used in its place. If not PHP uses the value 'config_value' and raises the error you outlined in your first post.

If this line were changed to (notice the quotes around config value:
$myvar['config_value'] = 'some value';

However, to figure out why the notice is being raised, we should see the call in its context. Please reply with the
code on line 126 in /kernel/session.php so we can help you further.

intel352
  • 2004/7/6 17:41

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

the error is likely due to the phpbb port by Koudanshi/BBPixel

here's the code, found 4 times in the session.php file (as of X-PHBB 1.21E)

$time_exp_bb     $sess_exp[config_value] ? ($current_time $sess_exp[config_value]) : ($current_time 3600);

$sess_data    $this->db->quoteString($sess_data);

$time_exp     $xoopsConfig['session_expire']*60 $sess_exp[config_value] ? ($current_time $xoopsConfig['session_expire']*60) : ($current_time $sess_exp[config_value]);

fixed by putting single quotes around config_value.

$time_exp_bb     $sess_exp['config_value'] ? ($current_time $sess_exp['config_value']) : ($current_time 3600);

$sess_data    $this->db->quoteString($sess_data);

$time_exp     $xoopsConfig['session_expire']*60 $sess_exp['config_value'] ? ($current_time $xoopsConfig['session_expire']*60) : ($current_time $sess_exp['config_value']);

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits