Johnb
Altering Domain path on webhost
  • 2003/10/16 10:56

• Johnb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/7 2

Hi All

A friend of mine (who I introduced to Xoops!) has decided she wants to develop her site using this great software but has come up against a weird problem.

She has done a default install of 2.0.3 and the main part of her site sits in the usual her_domain_name/xoopsdir/html/ and works OK.

However, yesterday she went into her WebHost control panel to ammend the path for her domain because she wanted to give her friends a simpler URL rather than the long one above. So, she ammended her domain root to point to the directory above.... here's the effect...

www.melonline.org.uk

Weird heh? Now she has asked me if I can help and thought I should post here first. Is this to do with the fact that the prog can no longer find the relevant files due to the paths changing? If so, where is it that I ammend the lookup paths? I have looked in config.inc.php and can't see where the path locations are stored.. are they in this file and am I therefore missing something?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, many thanks

John

Herko
Re: Altering Domain path on webhost
  • 2003/10/16 11:00

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Did she change the paths in mainfile.php? If she doesn't it will not work, since that's where XOOPS get's it's root url from. Also, update all the templates by going tot system admin, preferences, general preferences and just click 'go' at the bottom, this should update the tamplates_c folder.

Herko

Johnb
Re: Altering Domain path on webhost
  • 2003/10/16 18:46

• Johnb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/7 2

Hi

Thanks for the reply. No she hasn't changed that file! I have taken a look at the file in question (I have ftp access to her domain) and the entry in the first line is as follows;

// XOOPS Physical Path
// Physical path to your main XOOPS directory WITHOUT trailing slash
define('XOOPS_ROOT_PATH', '/path/to/xoops/directory');

// XOOPS Virtual Path (URL)
// Virtual path to your main XOOPS directory WITHOUT trailing slash
define('XOOPS_URL', 'http://url_to_xoops_directory');

i.e. there is no information in there anyway!!! what should have been in there if this was a default install?

Thanks

John

Login

Who's Online

255 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 255

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits