Thoom
2 Blocks next to each other in Center Middle.
  • 2003/10/7 18:59

• Thoom

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/13

Hey There, For my website i like to have two tables next to eachtother in the middle center table of my page. Both must host Top 5 downloads and 5 Newest Downloads.

When i simply copy the code from the standard block from the Mydownload module into a brand new one, the code doesn't work. I copied the code of both Newest downloads and Top downloads into a table in plain html. I see code on my site, so that doesn't work.

When creating a brand new block and just copying code of 1 blok, for example
<ul><{foreach item=download from=$block.downloads}><li><a aref="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=
<
{$download.cid}>&lid=<{$download.id}>"><{$download.title}
></
a> (<{$download.hits}>)</li><{/foreach}></ul>
I only see the code. I have also tried it posting it as HTML and PHP... what am i doing wrong?

THANX!
PS, I cut uf the code with enters so it wouldn't be to large with a bottom scrollbar

hsalazar
Re: 2 Blocks next to each other in Center Middle.
  • 2003/10/17 14:51

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

Thoom:

The reason your cut&paste operations don's give you results is that a block usually has a PHP file behind to make queries, retrieve and process results and assign those results to the relevant variables, so it isn't as straightforward as many would want.

That said, you can get what you want using a french module called TriBlocks or IncBlocks, that allow you to define up to three different content blocks-in-one. You can see the results of this in the bottom half of Punto flotante.

Cheers.

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits