philroy
Donations to development?
  • 2003/9/14 8:07

• philroy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/8/23

Hi all,

I use both phpBB and phpAdsnew on a site I run. I'm about to set up XOOPS on a site that I'm developing. I know that Open Source is a superb concept, but I also like to say thanks for the work that others have done.

I've made donations to both phpBB and phpAdsnew, but I can't see anything here on donating to the XOOPS development team.

Are they just a very gracious group of people, or am I looking in the wrong place?

Phil

Ace_Armstrong
Re: Donations to development?

There was at one point a button on the front page of the site to make a donation through PayPal, but I see it's gone. I am actually working on a site for a non-profit that would like to be able to take donations through PayPal, and I was curious to see how it was done here. I thought it was a module, but maybe it was just a custom block with some HTML in it that linked to a PayPal page.

Anyone out there know?

Herko
  • 2003/10/11 20:40

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

The PayPal account was cancelled due to unuse We're working on setting up a new one right now.

The button was a PayPal button, provided by PayPal, not a XOOPS module...

Herko

philroy
  • 2003/10/11 21:13

• philroy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/8/23

Ace, as Herko says, it's not a XOOPS thing at all.....just go to the Pay Pal site and they explain everything there and how to set it up on a site.

Herko, good to hear that donations are coming back. I for one will be using it and I think with the reshaping of XOOPS development that was announced recently...well, onwards and upwards! I hope more people donate.

Cheers,

Phil

Ace_Armstrong

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
The PayPal account was cancelled due to unuse We're working on setting up a new one right now.

The button was a PayPal button, provided by PayPal, not a XOOPS module...

Herko

Ah. I thought it might be so!

Thanks.

gruessle
  • 2003/11/8 4:14

• gruessle

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/20

Well the "Make a donation!" block is back and I was wondering how "Contributors:" gets updated?

gstarrett
  • 2003/11/8 7:07

• gstarrett

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/3/12

Quote:

gruessle wrote:
Well the "Make a donation!" block is back and I was wondering how "Contributors:" gets updated?

I don't know, but I tossed a few doz euros in to see if it gets my name up there

Have one on me, guys! And many thanks for your ongoing efforts to XOOPS.

Herko
  • 2003/11/8 7:35

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

thanks for the donation gstarrett! I'll add your name to the list manually (hey, not everything is modularised )

Herko

Herko
  • 2003/11/8 11:15

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

Those people who donated, will be added to our special Friends of XOOPS (FoX) page (when that will be here, I don't know yet). You'll notice that those of you who already had a special rank and donated, retain the previous special rank. You will, of course, be added to the FoX page.

Hmm... if someone would add categories to the partners module, this would be a lot easier to do...

Herko

YourHelp
  • 2003/11/8 11:41

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/9 6

Made a donation. Hope it is of some help to keep this fab site up and running, basically a big thanks for helping me with my hobby site just goes to show that a person can know absoult nothing and have a full blow site with xoops. Thanx for the support.

Every little bit helps.

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits