abdala
How Do I Put Stories of a Specific News Topic in a Single Block?
  • 2003/7/17 17:48

• abdala

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/5 1

(I Put this question originally in the Q & A forum which I think is the wrang place)

Hi,

I have created several news topics and now what I would like to do is to create for each topic a block which will have the titles of the articles of each respective topic. I.e say if I have a sports topic and a news topic, I want to create a block on my homepage for sports that will have the sports titles and a block for news which will have the news titles.

Anyone can help? Thanks in advance!

Abdala

lykoszine
Re: How Do I Put Stories of a Specific News Topic in a Single Block?
  • 2003/7/17 19:09

• lykoszine

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/1/2 2

There is a block with this specific functionality in my Blocks Module, available from lykoszine.sourceforge.net

abdala
  • 2003/9/29 19:07

• abdala

• Just popping in

Thank you so much for your reply. I actually did not know that you replied to this message of mine. By chance I came across it when I was still searching for the same thing.

Any ways I installed the module, but I have a slight problem. The block is only showing 1 message eventhough I set it to display 2, 5, or 10 messages.

Another question: How can I make multiple blocks of mutliple news topics?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Abdala

lykoszine
  • 2003/9/29 19:47

• lykoszine

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/1/2 2

Right,

The block should show more than one message. What version of XOOPS are you using it with? Have you more than one article in the selected category?

The second is a bit more tedious. How many more blocks do you need, and how comfortable are you with editing php code by hand?

abdala
  • 2003/9/29 21:27

• abdala

• Just popping in

Quote:

The block should show more than one message. What version of XOOPS are you using it with? Have you more than one article in the selected category?

I am using XOOPS 2.0.1. I do have more than one message. The reason why I know is because when I sort the articles by date, I get a different article listed than when I sort them by the number of hits.

Quote:

The second is a bit more tedious. How many more blocks do you need, and how comfortable are you with editing php code by hand?

I need, I would say, about 10. As for PHP knowledge, I am not very comfortable with it yet. I am working on it though.

Thanks again!

Abdala

abdala
  • 2003/9/29 21:58

• abdala

• Just popping in

Quote:

I am using XOOPS 2.0.1. I do have more than one message. The reason why I know is because when I sort the articles by date, I get a different article listed than when I sort them by the number of hits.

Quote:

I need, I would say, about 10. As for PHP knowledge, I am not very comfortable with it yet. I am working on it though.

Thanks again!

Abdala

Hennessy
  • 2003/11/26 1:20

• Hennessy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/28

I have this same problem... using 2.0.5.

I am trying to check it out.. but to no avail as yet

Hennessy
  • 2003/11/26 1:55

• Hennessy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/28

Is there a simple, hardcoded php script that couls achieve the same result in a custom block?

I am trying to select from topics etc.. but because of the strange XOOPS variables I get lost very quickly.

I hope someone can help me on this.

Login

Who's Online

251 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 251

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits