Re: WF-Section V2 Beta Now Released
  • 2004/5/5 10:21

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

Bender wrote:
Thanks for the pm Catz

Some other things noted: (more cosmetic kind ...))

Index Management

- there seem to be dummy entries in the defaults like 'werwerwer' and 'ertertert'

- it looks like it is by design that the defaults canĀ“t be deleted. If so then when you go to modify them maybe the 'Delete' button next to the 'save changes' on the bottom of the page should only be shown if the default switch says no.(?)

This is still work in progress and I had another look at it last night and found a few bugs and corrected them. No the 'Delete' button should not have been displayed on the default item.

I have bigger plans for this area in the future, but that is for the future. I am just working on ironing out those bugs just for now and not really adding new features at this stage.

Quote:

And one question:

On the 'main WF-Section (intro) page' is it possible to hide the featured article list?

Yeah, don't add any articles to this "Spotlight This Document in Main Index?" ring a bell? :-p

Catzwolf
  • 2004/5/5 10:26

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

Is it itentional that in the properties of created sections the switch 'show on main menu' triggers the main menu and the 'WF-Section Menu'?

To explain:
I want my sections listed in a separate block:
- so i activate 'WF-Section Menu'. I set it to be shown on any page.

To get the sections shown in that block i have to activate
'show on main menu' in every sections definition.

But now i have the problem that when a user is actually on the wf-section page the separate block will be shown and additionally the categories are listed in the main menu.

Oh yes i could set the 'wf-section menu' block not to show when the user is on a wf-section page but i would like too keep the arrangement of blocks consistent for the users experience.

Any easy way around this or would i have to change the template which puts them in the main menu?

I have changed the behaviour of the WF-Section Menu Block now, rather than as before (Only showing the Section items as per 'checked'), it will now show all sections (Not sub-sections).

The Main menu items will stay as they where and only show when selected in Section management.

Hope that helps

Catzwolf
  • 2004/5/5 10:27

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

francis wrote:
Quote:
1 undefined WfsArticle::setApproved()

Copy following code to class/wfs_article.php around line 275

function setApproved$value )
    {

$this->approved $value;
    }

Yes this correct and has been corrected for the next beta

Catzwolf
  • 2004/5/5 10:30

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

phppp wrote:
at least newbb has a function EDIT:listGroups() in groupaccess.php

Not sure about other modules at this momonet.

perhaps it's a specific problem only for myself.

Sorry my last answer to this was rather vauge to say the least and I will correct that now.

I want to keep the group access function I use seperate from other developers who now use this 'class?'. The reason is that I have/would like to change the code in the future or the other developers may like to do the same and if the groupaccess file where to be where you suggested then this could cause compat problems in the future.

Catzwolf
  • 2004/5/5 10:46

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

Will do tonight when I get home. I would use the file manager from work except I am unable to specify upload folder (empty drop down menu), and when I goto upload the file I get a dir not selected error. Also in file manager there seems to be two rename file image icon links.

I will have a look at this later. The 'other rename' icon is for file permissions. I just never got around to correcting this lol.

Just a footnote, the Filemanage will be removed from WF-Sections in the final release.

Quote:

I've actually tried on two machines, and neither of them work . One machine runnning W2K SP4 with IE 5 and Office 2K, the other an XP SP1 with IE6 and Office XP. Maybe if I try upgrading the W2K machine to IE6?

Fixed this problem already

Quote:

Ah, that'll be it then, I was using IE5. I've just tried using SPAW editor with IE 6 and the images are displayed as images now instead of links. Standard editor still has same problems in IE6. Might be an idea to put a little note in brackets in the config menu that SPAW requires IE5.5+ ?

Actually the spaw editor should not have showen if you where not using IE5.5-. I will check this again

Quote:

I will do, but I may have to bounce a few question off you to find out what the desired effect of some of the options are. I'll just have to sit down and have a good look through everything so I know exactly how it should all hang together. I'm loving what I see so far

Np at all, the more you fire at me the better this module will be for all

Question to all:

1, Is this module what you would expect of a article management system?
2, Does it meet all your needs?
3, How easy/hard do you find the navigation?

brash
  • 2004/5/5 11:21

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Quote:

Catzwolf wrote:

1, Is this module what you would expect of a article management system?
2, Does it meet all your needs?
3, How easy/hard do you find the navigation?

(1) In a nutshell, yes. The addition of the related articles and document revision control and restore are very major features for me.

(2) At the moment there is no InstantDoc ID function, but you have already said this is planned. I've had a good think about it and I think all the major bases are covered. Perhaps the only thing I can think of (and this isn't major) is to have functionality to have sponsored sections. Again, this is no biggy, and in no way detracts from the module as an article management system.

(3) Early days yet, but there seems to be a little bit of redundant sections. FOr instance now that you can access document restore from within the document manager section, the need for a seperate document restore section isn't really needed. There is still much I need to become familiar with before making an indepth analysis. On the whole I think it's pretty good.

brash
  • 2004/5/5 12:42

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

Catzwolf wrote:

I will have a look at this later. The 'other rename' icon is for file permissions. I just never got around to correcting this lol.

Just a footnote, the Filemanage will be removed from WF-Sections in the final release.

Just installed 2.01 and made the change. The spotlight block now shows up correctly . I must admit I never look at what the second rename icon did. I can see from the path it is chmoding . Any reason for dumping the filemanager, or is this to be developed as a seperate module?

Quote:

Catzwolf wrote:

Fixed this problem already

Still unable to import a word doc on my Windows 2000 machine using office 2000 and IE 6 . I turned PHP debug on and this is the error I got;

Unable to instantiate application objectWarning [PHP]: (null)(): Invalid ProgID, GUID string, or Moniker: Invalid syntax in file D:\Services\web\Beta it-hq\modules\wfsection\admin\index.php line 62

Quote:

Catzwolf wrote:

Actually the spaw editor should not have showen if you where not using IE5.5-. I will check this again

Sorry for the confusion here catz, I was using a W2K machine with IE5 at home, and a XP machine with IE6 at work. I have now updated all browsers to IE6.

Quote:

Catzwolf wrote:

Np at all, the more you fire at me the better this module will be for all

I think one of the bigger things I'm still to get my head completely round is the use of templates and index management, but that should come in time.

Another thing I noticed is that when you vote for an article, the vote is tallied but no data shows in the WF-Votes section. Also there is no data when viewing the document stats from the document management section.

brash
  • 2004/5/5 12:49

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

One other thing, would it be possible at all to have the author info section in other places than just on the article page? Perhaps a random author info block?

As always Catz, feel free to test on my server if you need. Doesn't matter if you fubar it, I have backups

Anonymous
  • 2004/5/5 14:42

• Anonymous

• Since:

Can anyone confirm this? If there are attached files to an article they won't be displayed on the user side!

Someone a hint for me?

thx

Catzwolf
  • 2004/5/5 14:52

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

not yet implemented, all the background code is there but I yet have to add this to the template. Will be in the next beta.

Login

Who's Online

252 user(s) are online (169 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 252

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits