xoobaru
Re: Social Network module
  • 2013/5/27 0:23

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Funny Culex, I thought to give you a wake up call post on this a couple of days ago, and then I thought, naahh.. when he gets to it, he gets to it. Next day you posted this. Thanks again, and to Mamba for his help.

I will test and report back on the findings.

culex
  • 2013/5/27 0:53

• culex

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/23

Quote:
...naahh.. when he gets to it, he gets to it. Next day you posted this.

It must be Xoopso-kinesis.

xoobaru
  • 2013/5/30 23:35

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

Reposting smallworld comment regarding module testing here (which is probably the more appropriate location).

No public or private comments would not post when

1. installing the module as new and importing the old database tables
2. updating the previous version with the new ones.

It will only work when installed as new with no users, for users who subsequently sign up.

Existing pre update users will be unable to use without having to sign up all over again.

Installing new, I was able to sign up and post comment as admin, but when I tried to sign up as plain old registered user to view my post, I got a blank screen instead of the signup dialog and was unable to sign up. Still investigating that.

Permissions were enabled for all users both in module prefs and group module permission access settings.

Mamba did you try an update or did you install as new?

xoobaru
  • 2013/5/31 0:05

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

Drilling down further

If I install the module, then import the old db tables, and then update the module after importing the db,

1. the messages then post, but cannot be seen by others without friending first.
2. the user search no longer works for known users.

xoobaru
  • 2013/5/31 1:16

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

Update:

Apparently the "Startpage" link takes you to the public wall where you can see others posts. Help me to understand the design intent here.

These posts in this public wall appear to have one of two possible statuses. Public and private, correct?

I see numerous posts here with the message

"Posts from this user are only visible for followers or friends...Please register"

I assume these to be messages the user marked private. Is that correct?

Posts I have created as public are appearing here with this same message when I view as a different user than the poster.

Other users ARE supposed to see the CONTENT of messages the poster marks as public here aren't they (not just the fact that the user has posted a message you need to be friends to view)?

I will write a concise user FAQ for this if I can sort out the way the designer intends it to work.

And still the user search does stop working (works at first though).

culex
  • 2013/5/31 11:02

• culex

• Module Developer

@xoobaru

Ouch seems like there are multible issues in your test. I have done same tests within both web server as wamp server locally but in these my updatings work ok.

Do you have any errors in your error log when running these pages ?

I mean if you have debug level on in admin or anything stopping javascript performing in javascript console (firefox firebug, IE F12 etc etc) ?

Another thing I just remembered is maybe old pages are cached within Xoops so maybe cleaning Xoops Cache would do it.

Public index is accessable for all users even anonymous. This page displays all users public posts. I use this as a startpage in my webpage.

In admin I put only my posts as visible there, so I can use as a news module sort of. The comments other users posts to my updates are however only visible to anonymous users if this users give permission to this in settings.

If no settings are set po comments / posts from users the filter message "This comments are only ...." is shown.

Normal indexpage displays all the users in your network that are frinds AND followed by user.

I will try to make more tests with existing databases to see if I can reproduce your errors. Thanks for testing

xoobaru
  • 2013/5/31 17:04

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

Culex, check your inbox.

When publickindex.php is loaded, firebug shows abort error. Also for a count and heartbeat. jquery.com was enabled for script. No errors whatsoever occured, JS or otherwise.

Oh, I just noticed that privacy config link for the user to set his own privacy? It does not open into anything so maybe you can try for yourself. No JS errors are produced when attempting to open user pri. settings. And it does not appear to be executing any script.

culex
  • 2013/6/2 17:36

• culex

• Module Developer

I see the same in your page as you mention.

Xim messenger and smallworld ajax runs with intented interval, but for some reason your page displays a javascript error "xoops_smallworld.colorbox is not a function".

The plugin is included correct and position in DOM is also correct, so maybe it has to do with the jQuery.nonColflict i am using there. I'll give it a good test.

Did you recieve my mail ?

xoobaru
  • 2013/6/3 1:57

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

Yes I did, but didn't check it until I read this. Left a reply in your PM.

Just updated per your new file and the pri.settings link is still face down in the mud. I even tried hollering at it and it ignored me.

And the user search failure seems to have been narrowed down. It works in the users home setting, but not on the startpage screen. It does not even display the prompt to enter a users name there.

And in the HOME page, the user search appears to stop working after post a comment and reload the home page, or re-enter after going to a different one.

culex
  • 2013/6/3 2:16

• culex

• Module Developer

Confusin with all these homes :-s took me a while to figure out this night and I designed the £5$ thing hehe

Looks like I might have figured out the errors you reported. I was at least able to dublicate them at my local wamp server.

The problem is with the checking of permits. If you have public view set to 0 in settings apparently the module entered you to the index page but showed you only an empty div :-S... this is now set to redirect you to registration page insted.

I also discovered. That it will always give jQuery errors on upgrading, unless you after uploading make sure to update smallworld from admin -> modules.

I send Mamba the file so hopefully they should appear soon in the svn.

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits