• 2007/7/10 19:17

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

post deleted due to double posting...

BlueStocking
Re: dev.xoops.org seems to be down

HI draj,
You prone to repeting yourself, {{grin}} though I agree your statement does bear repeating.

IF xoopsinfo.com is not officially owned by the foundation and a integral part of xoops.org then we might have to come up with a plan B.

For now, I will put my confidence in the 5 Council members to protect it and allow for its use in the proper matter.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

kc0maz
  • 2007/7/10 20:30

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

Quote:

draj wrote:
Hi,
Quote:

kc0maz wrote:
The Terms of Use also allow for the database to be saved and made available elsewhere.

No one here has ever agreed to terms in that XOOPS Foundation of Xoops.org is allowed to distribute details to non-official sites.

That is true. IMO, the entire database must remain under the control of the foundation.

However Nothing is preventing the foundation from making an archive of this site. so long as it stays under the control of the foundation.
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

Peekay
  • 2007/7/10 21:06

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:
Peekay,

The when is now.

It is our job here to encouragement that movement.

I appreciate the task you have been set, but I don't think encouragement is going to be enough. You need to force a change.

Until xoops.org is archived and stops accepting posts and registrations, there is nothing that would persuade me (or anyone else with any understanding of odds) to seek help on a site with a Tuesday evening activity of 10 users compared to 277 here (3 compared to 263 as I post).

When I log in and find a notice saying I must re-register at xoopsinfo.com I'll gladly scoot over there along with the other 262 users. It is a very good site IMHO.

Anyway, I'm relieved to hear that the information contributed to this forum over many years will be pickled intact.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

BlueStocking

Today, we encourage...
Tomorrow, we insist...

Not exactly the timeframe but very close.

I have asked for your help in making this move a reality as quickly and painlessly as we can.

For that we need ALL of the community participation to give the best they can give to xoopsinfo in the way of helping those we sucessfully route to that domain.

Today is not to early to start...

Thanks,
Lets start 'really working' together.

seth_sd
  • 2007/7/10 22:15

• seth_sd

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/9

Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:
Today, we encourage...
Tomorrow, we insist...

Not exactly the timeframe but very close.

I have asked for your help in making this move a reality as quickly and painlessly as we can.

For that we need ALL of the community participation to give the best they can give to xoopsinfo in the way of helping those we sucessfully route to that domain.

Today is not to early to start...

Thanks,
Lets start 'really working' together.

There really should be an anouncement and some sort of cut-over date. Give 2 weeks notice with a big announcement on the front page and when the day comes that will be it.

I would actually consider closing xoopsinfo to new posts until that date. This is going to divide the knowledge up for no particular reason.
"Why can't we have a car powered on a mixture of patchouli oil, ignorance, and double standards? There seems to be an inexhaustible supply of that sh1t." - LR

BlueStocking

RE: seth_sd #66

Quote:

There really should be an anouncement and some sort of cut-over date. Give 2 weeks notice with a big announcement on the front page and when the day comes that will be it.

I would actually consider closing xoopsinfo to new posts until that date. This is going to divide the knowledge up for no particular reason.

That sounds excellent.
It also sounds like a 'community business' plan

Moving forward... with project

Thanks,

Herko
  • 2007/7/11 5:46

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

I'm not involved in any part of the XOOPS project except the Foundation, so I can't shed any light on which site should be used for what purpose and whatnot, but as I personally transferred the ownership and control of the xoopsinfo domain (read: not the website itself!) to the Foundation, as a generous donation from James Morris to the XOOPS Community, I can say that that part is true.

Herko

draj
  • 2007/7/11 6:20

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Hi Herko,
Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
I'm not involved in any part of the XOOPS project except the Foundation, so I can't shed any light on which site should be used for what purpose and whatnot,
Herko

Do you mean to say that XOOPS Foundation has nothing to do or say in the XOOPS Project?

Do you mean to say that XOOPS Foundation has nothing to do with Xoops.org?

I am trying to understand the involvement of XOOPS Foundation with Xoops.org...

BlueStocking

Thank you Herko,
That Clarifies and supports Dave_L's statement.

So the door is open for all those who want to be a "community site" to step up and announce you are an active member of the community and want to be included.
(That activity is not in my domain, literally, it falls under community business, not coordination.)

The official sites will be the ones where the domain has been donated and accepted by the XOOPS Foundation.

Where archives are maintained are a question for the legal department.

This is the understanding I will be proceeding onward with until notified differently.

Login

Who's Online

249 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 249

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits