Tocpe
Re: feature request
  • 2004/5/11 14:40

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/28

I haven't been able to find any other bugs. When do you think the next beta version will be ready to d/l?

riaanvdb
  • 2004/5/12 6:01

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/29

Quote:

Tocpe wrote:
I haven't been able to find any other bugs. When do you think the next beta version will be ready to d/l?

Hi Tocpe, I wanted to release last weekend, but decided to put some more features into the next release first. I have been working down the wanted feature list and the next release will have significant improvements, no matter what I will cut a stable release in the next 5 days. I also want to improve the "rabbit hole code"

Grotmis
Riaan

Tocpe
  • 2004/5/12 11:59

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

Cool, I can't wait!

malibu
  • 2004/5/12 13:37

• malibu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/16

I missed the last beta... I'll jump in again on this one.

We appreciate the effort Riaan!!

Tocpe
  • 2004/5/12 18:22

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

Yes, thanks Riaan! we do appreciate your hard work and excellent coding on this module. :clap:

riaanvdb
  • 2004/5/12 21:48

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

malibu wrote:
We appreciate the effort Riaan!!

Tocpe wrote:
Yes, thanks Riaan! we do appreciate your hard work and excellent coding on this module. :clap:

Thanks guys, wait till you see the next release ,no seriously I am doing this module as much for my own use and you are doing an excellent job of testing.

Grotmis
Riaan

malibu
  • 2004/5/13 1:21

• malibu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/16

Group Hug!!!!

m0nty
  • 2004/5/16 5:39

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

just noticed, i uninstalled the reviews module completely, then reinstalled again..

the template files, when they are generated, they still stay in the list saying they need to be generated..

and when u generate them, if u click to edit a template it's empty!! no html code to edit.. i've checked the templates in the myReviews templates folder and they do contain the html code.. so for some reason it isn't transfering them..

also, would it be possible to have an option to disable the image and the ratings bar on the index page?

other than this, i can't find any bugs.. other than the halloffame error500 message, but thats a server restriction on memory usage and not exactly a bug..

riaanvdb
  • 2004/5/16 20:04

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

Hi m0nty,
Quote:

m0nty wrote:
just noticed, i uninstalled the reviews module completely, then reinstalled again..

the template files, when they are generated, they still stay in the list saying they need to be generated..

and when u generate them, if u click to edit a template it's empty!! no html code to edit.. i've checked the templates in the myReviews templates folder and they do contain the html code.. so for some reason it isn't transfering them..

I will try and simulate this and give some feedback

Quote:

also, would it be possible to have an option to disable the image and the ratings bar on the index page?

There is an admin option "Reviews as New on Top Page:" that when set to 0 will not show listings on the index page, hope this is what you are looking for.
Quote:

other than this, i can't find any bugs.. other than the halloffame error500 message, but thats a server restriction on memory usage and not exactly a bug..

I haven't had a chance to see if I can make the hall of fame use less memory as it is a core function I am using, but will not forget you

Mithrandir

Quote:
I haven't had a chance to see if I can make the hall of fame use less memory as it is a core function I am using, but will not forget you

Is this the core function you talk about?
$result $xoopsDB->query("SELECT ratinguser, count(*) as reviews FROM ".$xoopsDB->prefix("myReviews_votedata")." GROUP BY ratinguser ORDER BY reviews DESC",$limit,0);

[...]

$foundusers =& $member_handler->getUsers($resulttrue);

If so, then I don't think you have fully understood its use.

$member_handler->getUsers takes a Criteria element and a boolean. An SQL resultset is not a Criteria element and the parameter will be ignored if not of the Criteria Class (or subclass)

As far as I can see, this means that you are effectively running an SQL query, which is not used and load in ALL users with the $member_handler->getUsers() call, hence giving memory problems when the number of users gets too high.

You should use the resultset from your query to put the user ID's in a comma-separated string starting and ending with brackets (so it's like this: "($id1, $id2, $id3)" )
Then send them as a Criteria to get the relevant users.
Like this:
$criteria = new Criteria('uid'$user_array'IN');
$foundusers =& $member_handler->getUsers($criteriatrue);

Try it out and see if it helps.

Login

Who's Online

188 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 188

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits