Mithrandir
Re: 2.1 Debug Party

Re. Marco's module install/uninstall problem

If you forget to set the permissions for a module on installation, you just use the old way of editing the usergroups and give permissions there.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

alain01
  • 2005/7/4 16:40

• alain01

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/6/20

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
I cannot reproduce it. It looks to have something to do with a block instance being of a block type that doesn't exist anymore.

Check the database (block_instance table) for block instances with a "bid" that no longer exists in the newblocks table.

I obtain this big with an anormal use :

- Block / list of blocks
- Then i clic on "add" without selected anything in the list
- After that, i can enter informations of the news blocks (miss content information, i know, but i contined to be "stupid" and "submit"

And after that i've the error mentionned and i can't use block admin. m mist reinstall all.
Do you understand my "stupid test" ?

alain01
  • 2005/7/4 17:03

• alain01

• Just can't stay away

Re,

In extended profile, could you the list "category" when you add a news field (modules/profile/admin/field.php?op=new)
Better if we could choose the categorie in the field create page.
Possible in the modules/profile/admin/field.php page, ok.

Date format :
I try to modified a new field (date and time) (default is YYYY/MM/DD to DD/MM/YYYY) but after i "submit", the field is in default format.

Mithrandir

Blocks: How can you not select anything in the list? Aren't the module name options disabled?

Fields: Category could be selected when editing a field. Will look at it.

Date format: Date format is in YYYY/MM/DD since it is to be interpreted by a javascript date function and it has to recognize it. I'll see if I can change that, but it is low on the priority list, sorry.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

alain01
  • 2005/7/4 18:29

• alain01

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

Blocks: How can you not select anything in the list? Aren't the module name options disabled?

i made "stupid test" :
i clicked on "add" without choose anything in the left list (no system, no module, just a stupid newbee test")

Quote:
Fields: Category could be selected when editing a field.
yes, but not during creation.
Sorry for my english, i don't know if you answered that you will plan it or if it's ok just when we 're editing fields.

Quote:
Date format: Date format is in YYYY/MM/DD since it is to be interpreted by a javascript date function and it has to recognize it. I'll see if I can change that, but it is low on the priority list, sorry.

ok, no problem

Mithrandir

Quote:
i clicked on "add" without choose anything in the left list

That's possible? Nothing is pre-selected? I'll have to look at that.

Quote:
i don't know if you answered that you will plan it or if it's ok just when we 're editing fields

Sorry, that wasn't very clear. I meant that I will look at it. Creating a field is a two-step process, though, since the options available depends on the field type and such - but I'll see if more items can be at the first step to increase the usability.

Thank you SO much for your comments. I really appreciate this.

Cusix Software

m0nty
  • 2005/7/4 20:56

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

get blank page, no debug info at all.. when registering new user..

after submitting, and then you get the page up that confirms your details.. when submitting then, the page goes blank.

i get the email telling me the user has registered, but no activation email is sent to the user. activation by user is enabled.

neither can i find anywhere in admin to activate the user manually (maybe i'm missing it) have tried to search the user but nothing appears.

tried registering again with the same username and email, and it gives error message saying that they are already used, so the info has been entered in the DB ok..

ok next problem,

when selecting in admin to allow custom avatar upload, there's no option to set minimum posts in the user settings page.

i do however see this option for minimum posts required in the extended profiles > general settings page. but it's unclear what the minimum posts are for.. (i'm presuming it's for the avatar) but i think it would be better to move that option from general settings to the user settings page where u enable avatar etc.

also on general settings page, Display Disclaimer option is displayed twice in the field description. nothing major tho..

back to registration page again:

when registering, there's no option for timezone.

so when submitting registration info. u get the page up with the confirmation, but timezone is displayed as:

Time Zone: GMT +

registration works ok if activate automatically is selected.. but not if user activation is set.

fooups
  • 2005/7/5 20:39

• fooups

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/12

I'm sorry to come back so late, but I'm busy. I'll try to find out my former problems (sometimes, it works )

But I've a date problem: when displaying the "new member" block, the date shows "1970/01/01". Strange: my birthdate is later than my registration date on my local test site

Mithrandir

Thanks, guys.

I'll take a look at the registration process, m0nty, as well as the Profile module config options.

Cusix Software

Zarei
  • 2005/7/6 13:33

• Zarei

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/26

Hi, we're about to start making a new site and were hoping to use the 2.2 version. About how far away are you from release?

Login

Who's Online

224 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 224

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits